Comment(Symbol());

Dear everyone,

Anyone know what is wrong with the following statement?

Comment(Symbol());

When I compiled, it says "Symbol'-ambiguous call to overloaded function with the same parameters.".

Or is there a way to write code to store the value of Symbol()?

Thanks you in advance.

myfin90:

Dear everyone,

Anyone know what is wrong with the following statement?

Comment(Symbol());

When I compiled, it says "Symbol'-ambiguous call to overloaded function with the same parameters.".

Or is there a way to write code to store the value of Symbol()?

Thanks you in advance.

You can't redefine a Symbol() function with the same parameters as the standard version.

Alain Verleyen:
You can't redefine a Symbol() function with the same parameters as the standard version.

Hi Alain,

Thanks for your quick reply. How then can I write code to store the value of Symbol() for use in subsequent coding to retrieve the value of Symbol()? 

Tks once again.

That code should work fine so not sure why you're getting the overload error. You might need to provide more code so we can see what's going wrong. You can also try 

Comment(_Symbol);

Stuart Browne:
That code should work fine so not sure why you're getting the overload error. You might need to provide more code so we can see what's going wrong. You can also try 

We can only guess without the actual code.

Stuart Browne:

Hi Stuart, 

Thanks for your reply. It is working now. There are some error in my coding.

Cheers.