"Dejavu" scanner

Hi,

I couldn't find any references to, what I think, would be a very obvious "indicator", namely one that scans history for the closest or 10 closest charts to the current chart, let's say with the standard statistical tools like "least squares". Sure scanning for such a moving window would be slow (or needs some smart programming), and some parameters would have to be set like "pattern length", but most traders I know try to do this manually/visually sometimes, and it is really a job for the computer. Anyone knows anything about this, or opinions?

Thanks! 

timapi:

I couldn't find any references to, what I think, would be a very obvious "indicator", namely one that scans history for the closest or 10 closest charts to the current chart, let's say with the standard statistical tools like "least squares". Sure scanning for such a moving window would be slow (or needs some smart programming), and some parameters would have to be set like "pattern length", but most traders I know try to do this manually/visually sometimes, and it is really a job for the computer. Anyone knows anything about this, or opinions?

Try WmiFor (the page is in Russian, I'm unable to find the same in English).