Cannot install Metatrader 5 - page 3

theone964:
So instead of double clicking on the file and following through to install it, I opened the Wine Add/Remove Programs and installed it that way. It now gets to 17 459 Kb before failing. Instead of failing it just stays in a constant loop dropping to mid 6k Kb and then going back up to 17459 Kb and repeating.
Ok So i closed the installation and tried again and this time it went to 19k Kb ...i opened and closed the installation a few times, each time the install increased in size. I finally have what looks like to be the full 32768 Kb, and it keeps doing the loop again. So I closed the installation and opened it again, but it just goes all the way to 32768Kb and then does the download loop. I also used the double click on file method and it also goes to 32768Kb now and does the loop. Going to reboot and test and will update in a few minutes.

theone964:
Ok So i closed the installation and tried again and this time it went to 19k Kb ...i opened and closed the installation a few times, each time the install increased in size. I finally have what looks like to be the full 32768 Kb, and it keeps doing the loop again. So I closed the installation and opened it again, but it just goes all the way to 32768Kb and then does the download loop. I also used the double click on file method and it also goes to 32768Kb now and does the loop. Going to reboot and test and will update in a few minutes.
Still no love, it still keeps doing the loop using both methods from 19998Kb to 32768Kb

I have exactly the same problem like theone964. Installation is doing the Loop to 32768Kb. I also tried the workarounds in this thread an tried all other I found in the internet. I'm using the actual Linux Mint Distribution on a 64Bit System.

I can not help you here because I've never install MT5 on Linux. But I just found the article about how to do it step-by-step: MetaTrader 5 on Linux

If it does not work for you so you can write to the service desk asking for help.

Do you try out the playonlinux? Normally playonlinux will take care of installing those necessary Windows component to run Metatrader platform.

I got MT5 working on Linux (Ubuntu) eventually, following a lot of the tips in this thread.  Its not particularly stable, and some things don't appear to work at all (e.g. Market, Selling Tester Agents to Cloud, login to MQL accounts), but enough of what I needed does work.

Can't remember the exact combination which made it work, but I gave up on the installer completely.  I believe it was due to issues with Wine and SSL/TLS libraries but the fixes I read about haven't been applied by all the distributions yet.  I got it working in the end by installing MT5 on a Windows VM (but you could just a real one), then copied the files from the Windows 'Program Files' folder to the equivalent on the Linux machine.  Because my Windows VM was 32 bit, I had to make sure the Linux Wine environment was fully 32 bit as well.  I didn't use any commercial tools that weren't part of Ubuntu or 'playonlinux'.

Whenever there is a minor update, MT5 does auto-update properly, just like it does on Windows.

BobTastic9000:

I got it working in the end by installing MT5 on a Windows VM (but you could just a real one), then copied the files from the Windows 'Program Files' folder to the equivalent on the Linux machine. 

This has been the easiest way of getting both MT4 and MT5 installed on linux for years.

honest_knave:
This has been the easiest way of getting both MT4 and MT5 installed on linux for years.
I'm persistent, to an extent. :P

Some people do enjoy a circuitous route if it means avoiding Microsoft I guess!

Few years ago I am also ever trying to download and instal mt5 platform, but because facing problem and can't successfully downloaded and installed hence I cam cancel intention to using mt5 and till now only using mt4 platform I hope will continue company using this platform