Indicators: Support Resistance - Tools

Support Resistance - Tools:

Easily create horizontal lines by 1 key stroke, choose the color of the resistance line and the support line, the indicator automatically changes the color when a line is crossed, you can be alerted when a line is crossed.

Author: takycard

nice one

A little off topic maybe but where does one get Kagi Charts?

like very much thanks

Hi Matthieu,

love this indicator, I have made a few amendments for your suggestions, hope you don't mind, is only for code improvements not functionality.

It shows improvements in using the #property strict in the latest MQL4 language.

See how I use "pips" to replace your old  //int  multiply; and //int minus; and the

DoubleToString to replace  NormalizeDouble(

see the attached file wfx_MySR_Levels_V1.mq4 in zip format.

Cheers

Pete

Files:

pwalkz:

Hi Matthieu,

love this indicator, I have made a few amendments for your suggestions, hope you don't mind, is only for code improvements not functionality.

It shows improvements in using the #property strict in the latest MQL4 language.

See how I use "pips" to replace your old  //int  multiply; and //int minus; and the

DoubleToString to replace  NormalizeDouble(

see the attached file wfx_MySR_Levels_V1.mq4 in zip format.

Cheers

Pete

thanks a lot, i take your improvements, but i made one change. When a create a line i like rounded number :) i don't like point i prefer pip :)

So i put a new extern variable "MagnetLinePriceOnFullPip" if its true line always at a full pip value, and at false it works like you suggest :) so everyone is happy. 

Hi Matthieu,

Love your indicator.

I was thinking of adding a few items based on the strategies I have been using.

3 more lines

E - planned entry

S - planned stop

T - planned target

calculate pip values between E - S  and E - T 

display Potential Pip loss and Potential Pip gain, plus the R value for the trade.

Configure risk management type(s)

1) display risk by default lot size.

2) based on risk per trade as hard $ in base currency

3) based on risk per trade by % of Account Balance/Equity (conservatively whichever is smaller).

Configure both risk per trade for tested and untested strategies.

EX:  tested = .5%  untested = .2% 

calculate max # lots for tested and untested strategies for the position to keep risk under the max per trade.

display this info in a box that can be easily moved around.

let me know your thoughts

Terry

fxtrademonkey:

Hi Matthieu,

Love your indicator.

I was thinking of adding a few items based on the strategies I have been using.

3 more lines

E - planned entry

S - planned stop

T - planned target

calculate pip values between E - S  and E - T 

display Potential Pip loss and Potential Pip gain, plus the R value for the trade.

Configure risk management type(s)

1) display risk by default lot size.

2) based on risk per trade as hard $ in base currency

3) based on risk per trade by % of Account Balance/Equity (conservatively whichever is smaller).

Configure both risk per trade for tested and untested strategies.

EX:  tested = .5%  untested = .2% 

calculate max # lots for tested and untested strategies for the position to keep risk under the max per trade.

display this info in a box that can be easily moved around.

let me know your thoughts

Terry

Hi, i am already working on it :) but it will be in another project. Its a money manager, you create a Sell or Buy line, a SL and (optional TP) will be created, you will be able to move all the line, and see the ratio and the lot size based on your account and your % risk. when finish you will be able to create the buy or sell by one click or put a buy stop or sell limit :)

I think a will be ready for the next week.

I love this concept,but I cannot get the lines to attach to my charts. What am i doing wrong?

mchamp:
I love this concept,but I cannot get the lines to attach to my charts. What am i doing wrong?

In this indicator, the line is attach to the chart in witch you create the line, so if you have a chart A and a chart B, in A you have EURUSD and in B you have GBPUSD, if you create lines in A for EURUSD, and for some reason you decide to put EURUSD to chart B, you don't have acces anymore to your line, i'm sorry. If you close the chart to open an other you loose too the lines

In the Master Tools have work to save the line from a EURUSD and other in a file, so you can open it in ten different chart you can keep all the lines you make.

If you're not interest in Master Tools, I coult try too save the line too in this indicator? tell me. 

Please mgt, how do I load or activate range and renko chart on my meter or web trader.

Thanks a lot in anticipation.