Get in touch with developers using Service Desk! - page 59

Hi I have problem I bought a news trading robot but still now is not yet sent to me from last week till now what must I do 

Lindelani1:
Hi I have problem I bought a news trading robot but still now is not yet sent to me from last week till now what must I do 

If it is related to the Market products so look at the following:

1. how can i down load an expert advisor for demo testing from the market
https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/586

2. Where can I see my purchases? 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page70#comment_2564931 

3. How to Install an Earlier Purchased Application
https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/market/market_buy

How to Test a Trading Robot Before Buying
How to Test a Trading Robot Before Buying
  • www.mql5.com
Buying a trading robot on MQL5 Market has a distinct benefit over all other similar options - an automated system offered can be thoroughly tested directly in the MetaTrader 5 terminal. Before buying, an Expert Advisor can and should be carefully run in all unfavorable modes in the built-in Strategy Tester to get a complete grasp of the system...

Biantoro Kunarto :

Is there anyone at the service desk?

My money is still locked and I have contacted since 7 September and until now there has been no response at all

It's been 1 month, and there is no response at all from the service desk

Biantoro Kunarto :

It's been 1 month, and there is no response at all from the service desk

Finally it's over, the service desk finally responds and my money is returned

Biantoro Kunarto:

Finally it's over, the service desk finally responds and my money is returned

congratulations

My account Financial operations are limited. 

Hello,

I have searched all over the internet , but all info I have found direct me to this forum. So I am posting the issue here in the hope that someone will able to help me out.

Few months ago, I have downloaded an EA from the Market using MT4 platform. The EA was FREE that time.

The EA working ok, and now I installed a new system (VPS) where MT4 has been setup, with the same trading account.

However, the EA in the Market is not free anymore, so I cannot download it again.

As far I understand the Market policy, if someone provide FREE EA and traders download it, the EA then can be used by that trader for free even after the EA become paid.

And that is the case, since on my laptop, the EA still working as it should.

Now the question is, how can I transfer this EA from my laptop to the VPS?

I did copy the Market folder with the EA to the VPS, where again the same trading account is setup, however when I try to attach the EA to the chart, it gives me the following error:

2019.10.10 13:30:10.027 cannot load 'C:\Users\Administrator\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\2E8DC23981084565FA3E19C061F586B2\MQL4\Experts\Market\EA_Name.ex4'

In my laptop where the EA still working, the location is similar except the hash looking value, which I don't think I can change since that is generated by MT4 when I log into the account:

C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\34552A730ADF5A735DCD42026F3AAFC7\MQL4\Experts\Market\EA_Name.ex4

So the question, if I am allowed to use the EA that I have downloaded when it was FREE, how this can be transferred to my new VPS, where the same MT4, same trading account is setup?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Gabor Ringhoffer:

Hello,

I have searched all over the internet , but all info I have found direct me to this forum. So I am posting the issue here in the hope that someone will able to help me out.

Few months ago, I have downloaded an EA from the Market using MT4 platform. The EA was FREE that time.

The EA working ok, and now I installed a new system (VPS) where MT4 has been setup, with the same trading account.

However, the EA in the Market is not free anymore, so I cannot download it again.

As far I understand the Market policy, if someone provide FREE EA and traders download it, the EA then can be used by that trader for free even after the EA become paid.

And that is the case, since on my laptop, the EA still working as it should.

Now the question is, how can I transfer this EA from my laptop to the VPS?

I did copy the Market folder with the EA to the VPS, where again the same trading account is setup, however when I try to attach the EA to the chart, it gives me the following error:

In my laptop where the EA still working, the location is similar except the hash looking value, which I don't think I can change since that is generated by MT4 when I log into the account:

So the question, if I am allowed to use the EA that I have downloaded when it was FREE, how this can be transferred to my new VPS, where the same MT4, same trading account is setup?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Some update here. After searching and searching even more, I found out that the hash looking text is the hash of the terminal install path. I guess this is how multiple MT4 install find its own data folder.

So, I have reinstalled MT4 to the same path on the VPS as it was on my laptop.

Now MT4 has generated the same id for the data folder. I have copied the data folder from laptop to VPS, however issue still remain:

2019.10.10 17:44:44.006 cannot load 'C:\Users\Admin\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\34552A730ADF5A735DCD42026F3AAFC7\MQL4\Experts\Market\EA_Name.ex4'

So at this stage I really don't know why I cannot load the same EA to the chart

I have rented an Expert Advisor which specifications are far from what really happens in a live account. I have told the seller but there is no real help provided. I have told him I cannot make use of it and that as I am not using it I would like to have the money back, if not totally, at least partially, for there is nothing I can do with it since the 3 day testing it (while I rented 1 month for 150$) and would not like to waste my money. There is no answer from the seller, nor I have I obtained any answer from MQL5 Service Desk yet. I have read in the Buyer & Seller Conditions that the money can be returned in such cases.

Gabor Ringhoffer:

Some update here. After searching and searching even more, I found out that the hash looking text is the hash of the terminal install path. I guess this is how multiple MT4 install find its own data folder.

So, I have reinstalled MT4 to the same path on the VPS as it was on my laptop.

Now MT4 has generated the same id for the data folder. I have copied the data folder from laptop to VPS, however issue still remain:

So at this stage I really don't know why I cannot load the same EA to the chart

EAs take the IP for activations. I recommend you to open your MQL5 Market account in your laptop’s MT4. Once you have done that with your EA in your laptop’s MT4, it should recognize that EA belongs to you and you downloaded it. After your EA is in your Market Account, you can download it to other MT4 related with a different IP. 

Unluckily I had downloaded an EA for FREE some days ago and as my VPS was restarted I could only save the MT4 version and lost the MT5.

Hope it helps! 

(Remember to activate your Market account in MT4 or MT5 when you want to keep a FREE EA)