Experts: RSI EA - page 5

EA no good when tested live, tried many settings and timeframes. losses are big but few. 

the results are random

xoon:

EA no good when tested live, tried many settings and timeframes. losses are big but few. 

the results are random

yes.. find best setting and condition

the absolute best 1 minute, then it takes a good setting that depends on the currency.
 Mrs. Latifah did a good job with this free Ea

Siti Latifah:
hemmm..

You are right..

You can set manually when need buy only or sell only.. itu will help make profit.

set both trade when sideway market..it will better

Yes I do.... but i have to check back often!! Can I offer some money for change?
Alessandro

Alessandro:
Yes I do.... but i have to check back often!! Can I offer some money for change?
Alessandro
maybe... explain to inbox

Hi Siti,

Thank you for sharing.

However, I have back-tested the the ea for the same forex pair, same period, same settings ... etc., and received totally different results. Do you have any idea why this may happen? I have downloaded the historical data from fxdd:

http://www.fxdd.com/us/en/forex-resources/forex-trading-tools/metatrader-1-minute-data/

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Omar 

FXDD MetaTrader, 1-Minute Data, MetaTrader Historical Trade Software
FXDD MetaTrader, 1-Minute Data, MetaTrader Historical Trade Software
  • www.fxdd.com
To install History Data: Click on the currency pair of your choice and save it on your computer. Once complete select close on the Download Complete window. Open the MetaTrader platform. Select Tools>History Center. Double click on the currency pair which you downloaded the data for, Highlight 1 Minute (M1). Select Import...

omar_askary:

Hi Siti,

Thank you for sharing.

However, I have back-tested the the ea for the same forex pair, same period, same settings ... etc., and received totally different results. Do you have any idea why this may happen? I have downloaded the historical data from fxdd:

http://www.fxdd.com/us/en/forex-resources/forex-trading-tools/metatrader-1-minute-data/

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Omar 

different broker - > different result.

try best setting and condition

note: never download history data, just use you broker's data

Siti Latifah:
different broker - > different result.

try best setting and condition

note: never download history data, just use you broker's data

Hi,

My broker's data did not cover July 2015, so I had to manage with some history data.

Do you mean to say that different brokers have different data for the same pair on the same period? Shouldn't the history data be objective, i.e., the same everywhere? Please advise since I am still a newbie. This means that I have to revise my strategies totally.

omar_askary:

Hi,

My broker's data did not cover July 2015, so I had to manage with some history data.

Do you mean to say that different brokers have different data for the same pair on the same period? Shouldn't the history data be objective, i.e., the same everywhere? Please advise since I am still a newbie. This means that I have to revise my strategies totally.

yes.. there are different data each other broeker

nothing to do to get more data of broker.

you will get objective data when you open the mt4 of the broker. that's all.

does it trigger a sell when the rsi is at 75 or only after it turn down after hitting 75? (if i set mine at 75 sell and 25 buy)