Discussion of article "Price Action. Automating the Inside Bar Trading Strategy"

New article Price Action. Automating the Inside Bar Trading Strategy has been published:

The article describes the development of a MetaTrader 4 Expert Advisor based on the Inside Bar strategy, including Inside Bar detection principles, as well as pending and stop order setting rules. Test and optimization results are provided as well.

All Forex traders come across the Price Action at some point. This is not a mere chart analysis technique but the entire system for defining the possible future price movement direction. In this article, we will look at the Inside Bar pattern in details and develop an EA for tracking the Inside Bar and performing trades based on the pattern.

The Price Action is a non-indicator price movement detection method using simple and complex patterns, as well as auxiliary chart elements (horizontal, vertical and trend lines, Fibo levels, support/resistance levels, etc.).

At first glance, the method may seem rather complicated but actually this is not the case. The method is gaining popularity from year to year, since its advantages are evident, for example, when compared to the methods involving technical indicators.

Inside Bar

Inside Bar is a bar having its body and wicks contained entirely within the range of the previous (mother) bar. The inside bar's High lies lower and Low is located higher than the mother bar's ones. Mother and inside bars form a pattern considered to be a potential entry signal.

This is a two-sided pattern, since it may indicate either a reversal, or a trend continuation.

Fig. 2. Inside Bar pattern layout

Fig. 2. Inside Bar pattern layout

Author: Dmitry Iglakov

Well explained article. mostly inside bar has many strategies. its ofcourse good strategy.

MetaQuotes Software Corp.:

New article Price Action. Automating the Inside Bar Trading Strategy has been published:

Author: Dmitry Iglakov

Interesting and very useful..

interesting.. i use full fibonaccy

Hi,  

I have one doubt, i.e. will this EA  work only on the condition "second (2) bar is bearish and first (1) is bullish". What will happen in reverse case i.e. second bar is bullish and first bar is bearish.

Thanks  

Parag Pisolkar:

Hi,  

I have one doubt, i.e. will this EA  work only on the condition "second (2) bar is bearish and first (1) is bullish". What will happen in reverse case i.e. second bar is bullish and first bar is bearish.

Thanks  

Hi
Will work both examples. Wrote one version as an example.

hi..very nice

thank you 

Very Nice.

I am a fan of the inside bar strategy. So far I have traded the inside bar only manually on the daily weekly and monthly time frame.. I like your expert very much.

Is it possible to get some more detailed explanation about the settings of the expert.

I appreciate your feedback 

udoliesenfeld:

I am a fan of the inside bar strategy. So far I have traded the inside bar only manually on the daily weekly and monthly time frame.. I like your expert very much.

Is it possible to get some more detailed explanation about the settings of the expert.

I appreciate your feedback 

"interval" - это дополнительное отклонение цены для подтверждения
"Lot Size"
"Magic number"
"Slippage"
"Expiration Hour Order" - по истечении данного часа удаляются отложенные и лимитные ордера

"Bar 2 Size" - размер определяющего бара в пунктах. Переменная используется для дополнительной фильтрации. При значении ниже указанного, ордера выставляться не будут.

Очень приятно, что статья оказалась полезной! 

I made MetaEditor then do not go!

I codify : 02/04/2016 23: 49: 37,662 There were 1 passes done During Optimization 1 results have been discarded as insignificant

What does it mean?