Don`t trust Back testing results

I have developed a good and profit maker EA. Back testing is excellent and modeling quality up to 90% .But it has different results in a real live account. I wrote another EA to find out the reason and I faced bad news: Live tick data is different from saved tick data on servers, u can see in the picture, the right column is live ticks and the left is saved ticks at the same time … i cannot trust back testing. I will explain more ….

Files:
diffrent.jpg  298 kb

kia_waves:

I have developed a good and profit maker EA. Back testing is excellent and modeling quality up to 90% .But it has different results in a real live account. I wrote another EA to find out the reason and I faced bad news: Live tick data is different from saved tick data on servers, u can see in the picture, the right column is live ticks and the left is saved ticks at the same time … i cannot trust back testing. I will explain more ….

MT4? or MT5?

Dua Yong Rew:
MT4? or MT5?
i have tested it in MT4 and now i`m converting the EA to MT5 ,,, are they diffrent in results?

It probably means, you will have to develop a new strategy....

kia_waves:
i have tested it in MT4 and now i`m converting the EA to MT5 ,,, are they diffrent in results?

I feel mt5 tester is more superior than mt4

Ive made a post Iof my backrest result and actual live screenshot. Please dig my post.

Marco vd Heijden:

It probably means, you will have to develop a new strategy....

thats true mt5 is completely diffrent 

Dua Yong Rew:

I feel mt5 tester is more superior than mt4

Ive made a post Iof my backrest result and actual live screenshot. Please dig my post.

send its address plz

Simply use real tick data.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/23930
real vs back testing
real vs back testing
  • www.mql5.com
there are 2 trades that are a little off from back tested. - - Category: general

Jan Tarnogrocki:
Simply use real tick data.
where can i download it?