MetaTrader5 / Demo Account / Autotrade

Hi, I would like to prevent MetaTrader5 to be generating autotrades on my Demo Account at "MetaQuotes", i.e. for hedging reasons, I'd like to have multiple Buy and Sell Positions open. My problem is that sell positions are being closed when I open buy positions and vice versa. Is that a limitation of the demo account or do I have anything else wrong?

The Setting "Extras --> Options --> Expert Advisors" is switched to off.

Thanks in advance
Kind Regards
Michael

wondermike:

Hi, I would like to prevent MetaTrader5 to be generating autotrades on my Demo Account at "MetaQuotes", i.e. for hedging reasons, I'd like to have multiple Buy and Sell Positions open. My problem is that sell positions are being closed when I open buy positions and vice versa. Is that a limitation of the demo account or do I have anything else wrong?

The Setting "Extras --> Options --> Expert Advisors" is switched to off.

Thanks in advance
Kind Regards
Michael

Hello wondermike,

Please take a look at the Article 211. MetaTrader 5 has a different software architecture, in comparison to MT4. In this sense, it's now allowed to "hedge" on MT5, although it's possible to do that on MT4.

Regards,
Malacarne 

Rodrigo Malacarne:

Hello wondermike,

Please take a look at the Article 211. MetaTrader 5 has a different software architecture, in comparison to MT4. In this sense, it's now allowed to "hedge" on MT5, although it's possible to do that on MT4.

Regards,
Malacarne 

Ok, the docs make that very clear - thanks for pointing me there, I've been looking for that. Well, that moves me over to MT4, because from time to time I find it useful to setup a "hedge" in order to secure and harvest special situations, unless you can tell me about alternatives to that.

TIA Michael