Futures (not CFD's) on MT5

I have used MT4 actively for FX, and now would like to trade futures algorithmically. MT5 would be my first choice, but despite many hours spent online searching brokers supporting live trading of futures on MT5 and contacting some which seemed to, I have not come across even a single one. I saw a 2013 announcement that MT5 was certified by CME as a platform (http://www.financemagnates.com/forex/technology/metaquotes-announces-mt5-certified-by-the-cme/). Someone I know was in touch with CME broker services, but they have not yet provided the names of any brokers with a live MT5 futures offering; he also got in touch with an MT sales office, but was told they could not share a list of such brokers. My email to MQL5 Support team also elicited a similar response. I therefore suspect that for some reason or the other, the platform has had no acceptance in the futures market.

I am aware that sharing broker names is not permitted on this forum. However, I have a modified question - has anyone in this forum traded futures (not CFD's) on any exchange via MT5 platform? If the answer is yes, I would appreciate if you could PM me the name of the brokers.

Cheers

MetaQuotes Announces MT5 Certified by the CME - Forex | Finance Magnates
MetaQuotes Announces MT5 Certified by the CME - Forex | Finance Magnates
  • Ron Finberg
  • www.financemagnates.com
Technology provider MetaQuotes has announced that their MetaTrader 5 (MT5) platform has received certification from the CME. With the certification, CME Member brokers will be able to provide their customers with trading on the exchange with via the MT5 platform. According to MetaQuotes, the connection to the CME will be through a specially...

Nidagr:

I have used MT4 actively for FX, and now would like to trade futures algorithmically. MT5 would be my first choice, but despite many hours spent online searching brokers supporting live trading of futures on MT5 and contacting some which seemed to, I have not come across even a single one. I saw a 2013 announcement that MT5 was certified by CME as a platform (http://www.financemagnates.com/forex/technology/metaquotes-announces-mt5-certified-by-the-cme/). Someone I know was in touch with CME broker services, but they have not yet provided the names of any brokers with a live MT5 futures offering; he also got in touch with an MT sales office, but was told they could not share a list of such brokers. My email to MQL5 Support team also elicited a similar response. I therefore suspect that for some reason or the other, the platform has had no acceptance in the futures market.

I am aware that sharing broker names is not permitted on this forum. However, I have a modified question - has anyone in this forum traded futures (not CFD's) on any exchange via MT5 platform? If the answer is yes, I would appreciate if you could PM me the name of the brokers.

Cheers

Yes you can trade Futures with MT5. It works well, however as you saw yourself you have to find a broker for the Futures market you want, and there is not so much.

I know it's currently possible for Brazilian market, Iranian and of course Russian. I am not aware of a broker available for other markets.