MT4 Auto Loading Template after Backtesting

In MT5 I've managed to automatically load a template (tester.tpl) after backtesting finished, in order to show my indicators and see where my expert traded.

However, in MT4 this doesn't seem to work. If I manually load tester.tpl, all my indicators show properly, so my template is fine. After the backtesting finished, no chart is loaded. I also noticed that if I start backtesting in MT4, one of the first journal outputs is:

2015.05.05 08:36:07.399 Tester: template 'C:\Program Files (x86)\MetaTrader 4\templates\tester.tpl' applied

Why is this applied at the beginning, shouldn't it be applied AFTER backtesting is done?

I also noticed that there isn't an option "Open Chart" and "Auto Open Chart" in MT4's backtesting -> results/report -> context menu. Is automatically opening templates after backtesting simply not supported in MT4, or is it done differently to MT5 (maybe a different template file name)? Any help would be appreciated.

goocreations:

In MT5 I've managed to automatically load a template (tester.tpl) after backtesting finished, in order to show my indicators and see where my expert traded.

However, in MT4 this doesn't seem to work. If I manually load tester.tpl, all my indicators show properly, so my template is fine. After the backtesting finished, no chart is loaded. I also noticed that if I start backtesting in MT4, one of the first journal outputs is:

Why is this applied at the beginning, shouldn't it be applied AFTER backtesting is done?

I also noticed that there isn't an option "Open Chart" and "Auto Open Chart" in MT4's backtesting -> results/report -> context menu. Is automatically opening templates after backtesting simply not supported in MT4, or is it done differently to MT5 (maybe a different template file name)? Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry just to clarify, do you mean you run a non-visual back test and then after it has finished you want a chart with a particular template to appear? If so, once the test is finished click on the Open Chart button on the right of the tester window. I don't know of a way to automate this in MT4. MT4 does use the same template as MT5 (tester.tpl)

Yes, that was what I meant. Completely missed the "Open Chart" button, I've been working with MT5 for too long. Thanks for that. Altough is isn't automated, clicking a button is efficient enough for me.

goocreations:
Yes, that was what I meant. Completely missed the "Open Chart" button, I've been working with MT5 for too long. Thanks for that. Altough is isn't automated, clicking a button is efficient enough for me.
Good stuff. Don't worry, I didn't see that button for a long time as well ;-)

Have you been able to finish this task.  I would love to test the program on my ea's.  It's such a hastle having to type in every setting.  My email is jonathan.mcbrine@gmail.com   Can you share?