Placing trades outside of market hours

Hi,

I'm new to Meta Trader and am confused by it's seeming inability to accept limit orders outside of market hours!. I have traded on several online platforms and this is the first time I have been unable to place a limit order before the market opens (I am trading the Australian SPI200 contract). I successfully managed to place orders before the market opened when I was using the demo account, but now that I have a live account I keep getting the message "Market is closed". Does anyone know if there is a way to get around this ?.

p.s. I have spoken to my broker (Axis ODL) and they say it is a limitation of Meta Trader).

redart :

Hi,

I'm new to Meta Trader and am confused by it's seeming inability to accept limit orders outside of market hours!. I have traded on several online platforms and this is the first time I have been unable to place a limit order before the market opens (I am trading the Australian SPI200 contract). I successfully managed to place orders before the market opened when I was using the demo account, but now that I have a live account I keep getting the message "Market is closed". Does anyone know if there is a way to get around this ?.

p.s. I have spoken to my broker (Axis ODL) and they say it is a limitation of Meta Trader).

Surely somebody out there has tried to place an order outside normal market open hours !?. Can it be done ?

Nope.

CB