Installing MetaTrader 4 on a 2nd computer

I want to setup a secondary computer to run MetaTrader 4 in case my primary trading computer goes down in the middle of a trade. I downloaded the platform successfully but was never able to log into my forex account. I tried to setup a second account via File>Open Account menu but I wasn't sure that it was the correct thing to do, 2 accounts having the same information. Can someone tell me how to setup the backup computer; install, link to my trading account, and actually enter/complete trades?

Thanks Bob

You can simply copy the entire MT4 install folder from one machine to the other.

CB

Hi

I was introduced to Forex Trading with MT4 this December and installed it on my "roaming" laptop. My "mentor" configured the graphs, added templates etc which works great. He added additional currency pair tabs and customized the layout a bit for me. This machine runs Vista. I have now returned back home from the holiday and after installing MT4 on my primary PC (in case it creates registry keys as well) I then proceeded to replace the "FXDD - MetaTrader 4" install directory on the primary pc with the one copied from the roaming pc containing the correct templates and configurations. Upon launching MT4 on the primary PC it askes for my password and then loads successfully. However, none of my custom settings are there and many of the template options visible from the menu " Load Template" is not visible in the primary PC. I browsed to the install directory on the original laptop and cannot find any template files with the names listed in the MT4 Trader GUI but yet they do work. How can I transfer the installation and unique settings so the primary machine looks identical? The destination pc is also running Vista.

Thanks!!