Demo account connection problem

Hi,

I just download MT4 and create a demo account. But it doesn't have any connection to the server (from 5PM EST on 07/29).

Does demo account have any restrictions to access live data during the day or week?

Thanks,

If I am correct, there should be data coming in all the time during the business week (24hrs a day), but no data on the weekends. The data feed on my real account and demo accounts tends to stop around 4pm Friday (EST) until Sunday evening around 6pm. I don't know the official times when data is stopped for the weekend. But that is my observation.

By the way, sometimes data feeds seem to 'stick' or stall or pause during the business week. This seems to be normal, but not often. If it during the week, just give it a few minutes for the data to kick back in. In some cases, I have had to wait 10 minutes for the data to continue again. I am not sure if this is a server issue on the part of the broker, or my internet connection. But data sometimes stalls or pauses. It can be annoying sometimes. I find it happens about 3 times a week, but usually only for no longer than a few minutes.