Expert advisors, custom indicators and scripts do not run.

Hi

I installed MetaTrader about 3 weeks ago, and initially mentioned this problem over the phone and through an email with the support people, but to no avail.

Ever since installing MetaTrader I have not been able to run a single expert advisor (not even the ones that came with the installation), custom indicator or script. I have tried downloading a few from the web to see if they worked, but nothing. I've tried changing options in the tools-options menu to enable and disable expert advisors, and even the button at the top fo the window. I friend of mine installed MetaTrader around the same time and has the exact same problem.

MetaTrader seems really cool, but if i can't use the really cool features, there doesn't seem to be much point in persisting with it.

Does anyone have any suggestions?

What did you click on and in what order to run an EA?

Do you see a smiley face?

blogzr3 :

What did you click on and in what order to run an EA?

Do you see a smiley face?

I've tried double clicking on the listed expert advisors and also dragging and dropping them into a chart from the Navigator panel. The expert advisors are always 'greyed out'; I've never seen a smiley face in metatrader yet.

perkelle :

Hi

I installed MetaTrader about 3 weeks ago, and initially mentioned this problem over the phone and through an email with the support people, but to no avail.

Ever since installing MetaTrader I have not been able to run a single expert advisor (not even the ones that came with the installation), custom indicator or script. I have tried downloading a few from the web to see if they worked, but nothing. I've tried changing options in the tools-options menu to enable and disable expert advisors, and even the button at the top fo the window. I friend of mine installed MetaTrader around the same time and has the exact same problem.

MetaTrader seems really cool, but if i can't use the really cool features, there doesn't seem to be much point in persisting with it.

perkelle :

Hi

I found this problem on a Live account i just recently opened.I don't have it on a demo and live account with another broker.it puzzled their IT people also.On my computer it would work the EA if I told it to manualy confirm the order.I got it to work eventialy.I would suggest trying another broker and seeing if you have the same problem .I did eventialy fix the problem but was not easy and not sure if I want to try and explain what I barely understand what i did.

May be your broker doesn't allow EA trading on Live Accounts. Check it (ask your broker).