error 134 : not enough money

Hello everyone,

I'm new to metatrader so please excuse me to be such a noob.

I've been running a lot of backtests with different EA and even though I always have money in my balance, I keep getting the message error 134 : Not enough money with all the EA. Some trades are made but not all the orders are lauched. Is this normal ?
This is weird because there are other people testing the same EA than me who don't get this error.
I have a metatrader demo account with $10,000 and 10:1 leverage...

Hello everyone,

I'm new to metatrader so please excuse me to be such a noob.

I've been running a lot of backtests with different EA and even though I always have money in my balance, I keep getting the message error 134 : Not enough money with all the EA. Some trades are made but not all the orders are lauched. Is this normal ?
This is weird because there are other people testing the same EA than me who don't get this error.
I have a metatrader demo account with $10,000 and 10:1 leverage...

Simple math 10:1 leverage x $10,000 = $100,000. That is how much leveraged money you have available to 'use'. When you choose a number for "Volume" when you set up a trade you will not be able to choose more than the number "1" because that "1" represents 1 (one) standard forex trading lot which is equal to $100,000. You would need to use no more than 10 x .1 size lots. I don't think you can "add" funds to a demo account nor change your leverage, (at least I can't find a way to do it) You can open another demo account and choose a larger amount to start with next time and/or up your leverage or, at your current acct size and leverage you can try trading .1 size lots - you should be able to have 10 trades worth .1 lot open simultaneously providing you don't exceed the margin. I hope this helps.

Leib

Forex Trader:

Simple math 10:1 leverage x $10,000 = $100,000. That is how much leveraged money you have available to 'use'. When you choose a number for "Volume" when you set up a trade you will not be able to choose more than the number "1" because that "1" represents 1 (one) standard forex trading lot which is equal to $100,000. You would need to use no more than 10 x .1 size lots. I don't think you can "add" funds to a demo account nor change your leverage, (at least I can't find a way to do it) You can open another demo account and choose a larger amount to start with next time and/or up your leverage or, at your current acct size and leverage you can try trading .1 size lots - you should be able to have 10 trades worth .1 lot open simultaneously providing you don't exceed the margin. I hope this helps.

Leib
Thank you for explaining Leib. I had the exact same question.

Forex Trader:

Leib
Thank you it helped me 

this helped me too