Change default template?

Hi, may I ask. It's possible to change the default template to one of my own so I don't need to apply it everytime I want a new chart?

Thanks in advance for your possible answers.

Create a basic chart setup you like, and save a template of it named "default"

Thanks.

This doesn't work. It just gives the template a new name of 'default'. You still have to apply it to each chart each time you start the program.

What you need to do is set the template you want for all the charts, then save your workspace as a new profile. File > Profiles > Save As...

Then load up that profile when you start the program.

Forex Trader:

This doesn't work. It just gives the template a new name of 'default'. You still have to apply it to each chart each time you start the program.

What you need to do is set the template you want for all the charts, then save your workspace as a new profile. File > Profiles > Save As...

No saving as "default" definitely does work. When I open the platform or a new chart it opens what I save.

Forex Trader:

It definitely works!

Thanks for the tip!

Piyath Wijenayake:
No saving as "default" definitely does work. When I open the platform or a new chart it opens what I save.
I third that. It definitely works.

Forex Trader:
So simple and life-changing solution! Thank you very much!

Forex Trader:

It DOES work. I think what you mean is saving as 'default' won't change your *existing* opened charts. That's true. But close a chart and re-open it and it will have 'default' template applied.

Definitely works. I agree with Alexander, "life-changing". Thanks for the simple solution!

Alexandre Schmidt: So simple and life-changing solution! Thank you very much!

The template ordering for new charts is «EAname».tpl, (if tester) tester.tpl, (if offline chart) offline.tpl, and Default.tpl.

Set your chart the way you want and save Default template and then apply it onto all other existing charts.

Perhaps you should read the manual.
          Templates and Profiles - Working with Charts - MetaTrader 4 Help