mt5 not saving profile correctly, restarts as if newly installed every time...

I am using 64-bit mt5 demo from any company (i tried gomarkets 5, ibfx 5, and instaforex 5).  on 64-bit windows 2008 server R2, SP1.  All of the files are being
saved to
C:\Windows\System32\config\
systemprofile\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\A91E9324DA2462A698DE858C48A53B9E\profiles\Templates

So whenever mt5 is restarted, this temporary folder is never used, only the file in mt5 install folder is used, so the default 4 charts and full screen window size is always loaded on restart :(   I never have this problem in mt4.  Whenever I load mt4 terminal, and then restart it, it always saves the restore template in the correct folders. 

Is there a method to manually specify where mt5 will save default profile template?  I tried to save the profile manually, but the save window does not give me option to pick the location.  Only the name of the profile can be saved

i have confirmed that metatrader 5 does not respect original install sub-folders when loading custom indicators, EAs, saving windows positions (profiles), etc.  I've tried running terminal64.exe as administrator (i'm already logged in as administrator anyway),

There was a trick to use /portable someone else mentioned.  But the user still has to compile indicators manually in the install subfolders and then refresh the custom indicators/eas list in the navigator.

Step on New Rails: Custom Indicators in MQL5
  • Андрей
  • www.mql5.com
I will not list all of the new possibilities and features of the new terminal and language. They are numerous, and some novelties are worth the discussion in a separate article. Also there is no code here, written with object-oriented programming, it is a too serous topic to be simply mentioned in a context as additional advantages for developers. In this article we will consider the indicators, their structure, drawing, types and their programming details, as compared to MQL4. I hope that this article will be useful both for beginners and experienced developers, maybe some of them will find something new.