Help me understand coding please

Ok, I have read the C for dummies book, I have read the book provided on the MQL4 website. I understand the syntax of how the coding works. Now where is the guide to put all the information together? i can read lines of code and understand what is happening (e.g. i understand a sell order command or a line of code that says when two MA's cross then it is TRUE). But I am just not getting how to put an EA together from scratch. It feels like I have learnt lots of different words of a foreign language..and even a few sentences but I am unable to build a full conversation. What do you reccomend for me to do next? How can I put what I have learnt into practice? Do I need to learn the full library of commands that are built into metatrader4 to be able to write a program? I know this is a rather disjointed question but if I knew what to ask then i would probably be able to find the answer lol. But I dont know what to ask as i really dont know what it is i need to learn next. I just hope that someone can understand what I need and provide me with some guidance. Many thanks in advance :)
Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Orders in DOM
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Trade Orders in DOM - Documentation on MQL5

No, you don't have to learn all the MQL syntax units. Your next step would be to use some working EA examples and make your own changes to them. Then you can try building your own EA out of someone else's. Then you'll be able to build your own EAs from scratch.

ok thanks enivid :). I guess what your saying is stop reading and start doing lol. I will follow your advice and hopefully will be writing my own top notch EA's very soon.