Sending Alert/Notification when EA stops...

Hi there...

could anybody give an avice, pls?

My EA sometimes stops due to an error. The error is shown in Terminal/Experts and EA stops. Is there a way how to duplicate this error mesage as Alert/SendNotifiction?

I only have an idea to add a counter to it, then store it as a GlobalVariableSet, then open an other chart and write a new EA, which run every f.e. 1 min, get a counter by GlobbalVariableGet and compare it with old value.... It it will be the same for 1 minute it means something is wrong and it will send a message.... But there maybe a shortcut maybe....

I only need to be informed when EA stops because of an error...

Thanks

tonbar:

Hi there...

could anybody give an avice, pls?

My EA sometimes stops due to an error. The error is shown in Terminal/Experts and EA stops. Is there a way how to duplicate this error mesage as Alert/SendNotifiction?

I only have an idea to add a counter to it, then store it as a GlobalVariableSet, then open an other chart and write a new EA, which run every f.e. 1 min, get a counter by GlobbalVariableGet and compare it with old value.... It it will be the same for 1 minute it means something is wrong and it will send a message.... But there maybe a shortcut maybe....

I only need to be informed when EA stops because of an error...

Thanks

What error?   
When you say stops do you mean it is no longer trading or is removed from chart

Paul Anscombe #:
What error?   
When you say stops do you mean it is no longer trading or is removed from chart

Hi...

Thanks for replay..

The EA is still on the chart but  it is no longer trading.  I need to restart EA - eighter open EA´s settings and OK or restart MT4. And it is working again.

I had an error " array out of range ".  I guess EA stops at that point and send message to Terminal/Experts ( I didnt make a printscreen so I cant show the picture ). The error is already sorted , this is not a case... How I wrote I only want to be informed stright away.

I already sorted it by adding a counter to this EA and have an other one to monitor the counter. Only need 2 EAs...

tonbar #:

Hi...

Thanks for replay..

The EA is still on the chart but  it is no longer trading.  I need to restart EA - eighter open EA´s settings and OK or restart MT4. And it is working again.

I had an error " array out of range ".  I guess EA stops at that point and send message to Terminal/Experts ( I didnt make a printscreen so I cant show the picture ). The error is already sorted , this is not a case... How I wrote I only want to be informed stright away.

I already sorted it by adding a counter to this EA and have an other one to monitor the counter. Only need 2 EAs...

so the answer is to fix your code rather than try and work around a program that keeps crashing....

Paul Anscombe #:

so the answer is to fix your code rather than try and work around a program that keeps crashing....

So you dont know how to send that error message to Alert/SendNotification, isnt it?

tonbar #:

So you dont know how to send that error message to Alert/SendNotification, isnt it?

wow, nice response you must get a lot of help like that....

it's easy to send an alert notification, but not from a program that has crashed, it can't be done, and hence you are messy around trying to bodge a solution.

and to use your approach, so you don't know how to fix your broken program right?

Paul Anscombe #:

wow, nice response you must get a lot of help like that....

it's easy to send an alert notification, but not from a program that has crashed, it can't be done, and hence you are messy around trying to bodge a solution.

and to use your approach, so you don't know how to fix your broken program right?

Let me to copy what I wrote before...

So I know how to fix that and I did it.... but.... I made my own EA, it isn´t the 1st time issue like this and I want be informed if it will happen again in the future. Iam self-taught mql programmer, I already created a few working EAs but I still make some mistakes....

I wrote an other EA to monitor this EA so I´ll be now informed when it crash again

Your topic has been moved to the section: MQL4 and MetaTrader 4
Please consider which section is most appropriate — https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172166/page6#comment_49114893

tonbar #:

So I know how to fix that and I did it.... but.... I made my own EA, it isn´t the 1st time issue like this and I want be informed if it will happen again in the future. Iam self-taught mql programmer, I already created a few working EAs but I still make some mistakes....

I wrote an other EA to monitor this EA so I´ll be now informed when it crash again

Bro, you don't look like a self taught MQL programmer at the moment, not reasoning like this tho....You look more like a self taught EA generator operator, because quite frankly, that's what you probably used. Read your first comment quick. You come here with a question, then giving the solution in your same sentence and you don't realise it? Come on.... Post the code using the code button or press Alt - S and paste your code...lets see.

tonbar #:

So I know how to fix that and I did it.... but.... I made my own EA, it is

n´t the 1st time issue like this and I want be informed if it will happen again in the future. Iam self-taught mql programmer, I already created a few working EAs but I still make some mistakes....

What you wrote before was that the error had not been fixed, you clearly stated  "The error is already sorted this is not the case"

Where do you stop, if you are that concerned that your programming leaves EAs to crash then how will you know the EA you write to monitor the EA hasn't crashed etc..  but whatever floats your boat, only be clearer in what you say so there is no confusion and time wasting...

Nardus Van Staden #:

Bro, you don't look like a self taught MQL programmer at the moment, not reasoning like this tho....You look more like a self taught EA generator operator, because quite frankly, that's what you probably used. Read your first comment quick. You come here with a question, then giving the solution in your same sentence and you don't realise it? Come on.... Post the code using the code button or press Alt - S and paste your code...lets see.

Bro, you dont look like somebody who has a solution and want to help. You look more like proffesional who know everything. But you know nothing about me.

I ask a question and posted a solution I have and ask if anybody has a better idea. Because Iam not a self taught MQL programmer. Iam a self taught EA generator operator only. This is why I ask a proffesionals. But they are on vacation this weekend probably...

Many thanks for unwanted advice, I really dont want to waste your time. Have a good weekend