Why is there no PlotIndexGETString?

I want to write a script to export the values of the current indicators on the chart, but I cannot give them nice label names because there is no function to get the buffer name.

In many platforms like MetaTrader 4/5 (MT4/MT5), you may encounter issues with getting the buffer names of indicators since there's no built-in function to retrieve them. However, you can work around this by manually assigning label names based on the indicator's buffer index.

Manual Label Assignment: Since you can't retrieve buffer names directly, you can manually map the buffer index to a label based on the indicator you're using.

Ian Worthington:
I want to write a script to export the values of the current indicators on the chart, but I cannot give them nice label names because there is no function to get the buffer name.

Because MetaQuotes didn't think beforehand to your needs.

But I do agree, there are a lot of things which are missing in MQL, certainly about indicators, but we have to deal with it as it is.

Hi

I’m not sure what you want to do here. But I don’t think there is a function which can export values from  indicators from the chart directly. You can write a script and in the script choose indicators you want to export, so then you can access buffers simply by the numbers (you don’t need names) and you can add your own names in the files export (for example based on indicator name)

Have a nice day👍📊