MT5 vs MT4, EA optimise testing.

I don't have any confidence in MT5 testing and always go back to MT4 testing.

Is anybody else of the same view or am I'm doing something wrong?

My preferred platform is MT5.

regards G

It's not uncommon for traders to feel more confident in MT4's testing environment, especially those who have been using MT4 for a long time. MT4 has a well-established and familiar testing process, and many traders have built trust in its accuracy over the years. However, MT5 offers advanced features and improvements over MT4, and it may just take some adjustments in the approach to testing.

GTman:

I don't have any confidence in MT5 testing and always go back to MT4 testing.

Is anybody else of the same view or am I'm doing something wrong?

My preferred platform is MT5.

regards G

It's exactly the reverse. MT5 Strategy Tester is a lot more reliable.

The only way to have serious backtest with MT4 is using third-party tools to manage real ticks.

And that's only when you are doing the backtests yourself. A picture or a screenshot from someone is always a potential scam, whatever the platform used.

Without even talking about "past results is no guaranty...".

thank you for your reply.

When MT5 appears to be testing ok, I prefer it.

At times you can see the results just do not appear correctly in MT5.

I use the same testing parameters in MT4, and the outcome looks sensible.

cheers

Julia Lopez #:
It's not uncommon for traders to feel more confident in MT4's testing environment, especially those who have been using MT4 for a long time. MT4 has a well-established and familiar testing process, and many traders have built trust in its accuracy over the years. However, MT5 offers advanced features and improvements over MT4, and it may just take some adjustments in the approach to testing.

thank you for your reply