MT4 Delay in market orders

When I place a manual order / market execution order, there seems to be a delay of almost up to 1 second on this broker. But I have tried other brokers and the execution is almost instant. This same problem persists on my VPS as well as my personal computer. Is this a broker issue? I have emailed my broker about it and it seems that they aren't sure what the problem is.
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Symbol Properties
  • www.mql5.com
To obtain the current market information there are several functions: SymbolInfoInteger() , SymbolInfoDouble() and SymbolInfoString() . The first...

Ng Jerome Ng Jerome:
When I place a manual order / market execution order, there seems to be a delay of almost up to 1 second on this broker. But I have tried other brokers and the execution is almost instant. This same problem persists on my VPS as well as my personal computer. Is this a broker issue? I have emailed my broker about it and it seems that they aren't sure what the problem is.

The delay you are noticing when placing orders with this broker could be due to several factors:

• Broker's Infrastructure Issues: If orders are only slow with this particular broker, it may indicate a problem with their infrastructure, servers, or connection to the market. Some brokers may have less efficient systems, leading to delays in order execution.
  • Server Location: Sometimes delays can be related to the geographical distance between the broker's servers and your VPS or personal computer. If the broker's servers are far away, the time it takes for data to travel might be longer.
  • Type of Broker: Different types of brokers (e.g., Market Maker, ECN, STP) may handle orders differently. For instance, Market Makers might intentionally introduce slight delays as part of their risk management, so order execution may not be immediate.
  • Server Load: If the broker's servers are under heavy load (e.g., during times of high market activity), this can cause delays in order execution.
  • Technical Issues: There could also be other technical issues on the broker’s side that cause delays, even if they are not fully aware of the problem.

Since these delays occur on both your VPS and your personal computer, it's unlikely that the issue is related to your hardware or internet connection. The most probable cause is an issue on the broker's side. It would be a good idea to continue communicating with your broker and possibly consider switching brokers if these delays are affecting your trading performance.