strategy tester on a demo account

is it possible to test an EA while on demo account?

I receive the annoying error: 4756 Trade request sending failed

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

Could we see your code that sends the order?

balazs321:
Could we see your code that sends the order?

expert trading on demo account by my broker is not allowed :(

this was the reason for the cailed trade request...still I need to solve the silly problem with the trade volume (in lots) I can use ... (see my other post) 

Documentation on MQL5: Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Standard Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Environment State / Account Properties - Documentation on MQL5

dudenukem:

expert trading on demo account by my broker is not allowed :(

this was the reason for the cailed trade request...still I need to solve the silly problem with the trade volume (in lots) I can use ... (see my other post) 

MetaQuotes has a MetaQuotes-Demo server you can open a demo account that allows you to execute trade requests. 

File -> Open Account ... Follow the prompts, selecting/filling-in information asked of you as you go.

They're simulated executions in a demo account, for obvious reasons. No guarantees you'll get executions that are necessarily close to realitic that you'd see from your broker in a live account.  I haven't really looked to make real comparisons, personally it's 'close enough'. But my strategies are not dependent near-perfect executions, and pretty forgiving in that respect, so your mileage may vary.  I would guess the real-time and historical data provided also may/may not jive with reality either (again haven't made any real comparisons, so just an assumption on my part).