Back Testing and Real Testing Result

Hi, 

I have taken one EA and the coder has sent me the Ex5 file to test on meta qoutes 5 demo server. I tested it for 1 week and it has shown some losses for the week in 1 symbol trade. However, I did the backtesting for the same period and back testing shown me some possitive result with the same input settings.

My question is, can anyone scam us with backtesting result? and how it is possible that same system is showing us different results in live and backtesting?

Thank you. 

MT5?
If you are backtesting EA on MT5 using 'every tick based on real ticks' so it will be almost same with trading on MT5 platform with some particular broker (because it is based on actual historical data).
Means: actual historical data of the broker (one broker is having one data, the other broker may have different data ...).

Details are on this article: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/2612

----------------------

If someone has sent some backtesting result to you so always ask the questions:

• "every tick based on real ticks" mode?
  • which broker? because it may be profitable with one broker and not profitable with the other broker (as the data/quotes are slightly different).

----------------------

Testing trading strategies on real ticks
Testing trading strategies on real ticks
  • www.mql5.com
The article provides the results of testing a simple trading strategy in three modes: "1 minute OHLC", "Every tick" and "Every tick based on real ticks" using actual historical data.