EAs on MT5 no longer take trades

Hi,

I have an issue...  I have no idea on how to overcome this.

One EA on a MT5 client have been running for months with good results. Now for some reason it has.Not taken a single trade since July started. Nothing have changed in the settings, just stopped trading.

So I setup a completely new and different EA. Did som backtesting with real ticks and all looked good so I started the EA on a testaccount on the same pair as I did backtesting on. This one has not done any trades for a week sofar either.

I have restarted the VPS I am using. I have updated and restarted the clients. No error in either the expert or the journal tabs. Just saying "automated trading enabled"

Broker I am using is RoboForex.

Anyone have any ideas on what to do?

/R

raptorixx:
Hi,

One EA on a MT5 client have been running for months with good results. Now for some reason it has.Not taken a single trade since July started. Nothing have changed in the settings, just stopped trading.

So I setup a completely new and different EA. Did som backtesting with real ticks and all looked good so I started the EA on a testaccount on the same pair as I did backtesting on. This one has not done any trades for a week sofar either.

I have restarted the VPS I am using. I have updated and restarted the clients. No error in either the expert or the journal tabs. Just saying "automated trading enabled"

/R

Contact the authors of the robots. There are too many possible reasons, including your spreads on the LIVE brokers might be bigger than what is on the tester, therefore if the ea strategy detects sudden spikes, then a trade will rarely open due to spreads hiding any spikes that might occur on other brokers. Other reason could be coding of the ea. Without more information, you can only make guesses.

raptorixx:

Ensure that the current market conditions match the criteria set by the EA for trading.

Ensure that the current market conditions match the criteria set by the EA for trading.

It could be that the market does not meet the EA's trading criteria or you can backtest on Tester on the same configuration. 

Probably, the adviser was given to you for review and has a time limit for work. I am a programmer myself and often give my scalper to try in real trade with a time limit. Look at the Journal and Experts tabs.

Why did you post your MT5 question in the MQL4 section, (bottom of the Root page) instead of the MT5 EA section?
          General rules and best pratices of the Forum. - General - MQL5 programming forum? (2017)
Next time, post in the correct place. I have moved this thread.

Some EAs are locked down to trade only if the spread is at a specific value, otherwise this might be an EA with an expiry planted in the initializer - meaning that it will stop working after a certain date.