Indicators: Find Swing Highs Swing Lows

Find Swing Highs Swing Lows:

The Swing High/Low Identifier for MetaTrader 5 marks significant swing highs and swing lows directly on your chart with color-coded arrows. This tool helps traders quickly identify key price levels, which can serve as resistance and support, and is ideal for trend reversal analysis, support and resistance mapping, and enhancing price action strategies. By highlighting these crucial swing points, it provides valuable insights for making informed trading decisions and optimizing trading strategies.

Find Swing Highs  Swing Lows

Author: Philani Mthembu

Hi,

I will backtest this and see how it performs.

Thanx for the upload.

Best of luck.

Quick Hitz #:

Hi,

I will backtest this and see how it performs.

Thanx for the upload.

Best of luck.

Hi , thank you. 

You need test on live chart to see it in action. 

I'm currently building an EA for this Indicator with some added SMC features. 

The arrows don't update, one need to switch the chart back and forth to see the new arrows..

Paul #:
The arrows don't update, one need to switch the chart back and forth to see the new arrows..
Hi Paul.

Thanks I've noted the bug will work on it and fix it, so that it auto update without the need to refresh the chart. 

thank you for indicator can you add alerts please

Philani Mthembu #:
Hi Paul.

Thanks I've noted the bug will work on it and fix it, so that it auto update without the need to refresh the chart. 

Hi Philani, no update yet?

Paul #:

Hi Philani, no update yet?

Hi Paul, I'll update this week. 

vladi #:

thank you for indicator can you add alerts please

when you have code, you have the possibility to add alerts yourself

here's how to fix the problemin the indicator where it won't work in strategy tester:

if(prev_calculated == 0)
      start = InpRangeBars;
   else
      start = MathMin(InpRangeBars, prev_calculated-1);

here's how to prevent repaint, change:

for(int i = start; i < rates_total - InpRangeBars && !IsStopped(); i++)

to:

for(int i = start; i < rates_total - InpRangeBars - 1 && !IsStopped(); i++)

that way it iterates to the penultimate bar instead of the current bar (you don't want the highs and lows to be moving as it causes repaint)

Philani Mthembu #:
Hi , thank you. 

You need test on live chart to see it in action. 

I'm currently building an EA for this Indicator with some added SMC features. 

Hi,

Thanks looking forward to the EA for this indicator. Cus I'm not on the pc all the time and I can't see it on my mobile so would be great. 

So far the arrows are oke sometimes it shows sell but the market is buying this is based on previous timecharts.

How do you recommend to apply this indicator at its best?

Quick Hitz #:

Hi,

Thanks looking forward to the EA for this indicator. Cus I'm not on the pc all the time and I can't see it on my mobile so would be great. 

So far the arrows are oke sometimes it shows sell but the market is buying this is based on previous timecharts.

How do you recommend to apply this indicator at its best?

The arrows are not meant for buy or sell signals. They show you price swing highs and lows , you'll need to use additional market analysis in order to know when to buy or sell.  The EA is already on the market, go to my profile and test it.