How to avoid bothering customers

Hello freelancers. How do you avoid customers with bad business habits? Especially when they come back to you with new accounts? Is there anything the platform provides to avoid them?

There is one general rule (as a "law of life" for example):
do not be attached (to your customers or to potential/future clients).

Too vague a question. What does avoid mean? What's stopping you from not taking a new order if you don't want to work with that customer?

I had several clients that I did not enjoy working with. I just don't accept their new orders. I don't see any problem with it.

Vladislav Boyko #:
I had several clients that I did not enjoy working with. I just don't accept their new orders. I don't see any problem with it.

The only thing is that, as a decent person, I will agree if modification of the code that I have already written is required. Because I understand that it will take much longer for another developer.

Sergey Golubev #:
There is one general rule (as a "law of life" for example):
do not be attached (to your customers or to potential/future clients).

Great lesson. Thanks.

Vladislav Boyko #:

Too vague a question. What does avoid mean? What's stopping you from not taking a new order if you don't want to work with that customer?

I had several clients that I did not enjoy working with. I just don't accept their new orders. I don't see any problem with it.

Thanks for your comment. However when you engage in this business as a daily routine it is truly difficult to stick to any rules. Every now and then you get into trouble. Consider how much time and energy you waste every single day to stay away from them. Many times you cannot recognize the situation especially when there are new accounts and names engaged.