SL Value & TP value on EA strategy tester vs inputs on configuration

Hello, 

When backetsting an EA on strategy tester on MT4, will the value you use on strategy tester be the exact same as when configuring the bot for live trading? Or is one pips and the other points? If I use 3250 points/ pips as TP on strategy tester, will I use the exact same 3250 as the TP under inputs when configuring the EA for live trading? 

Shane Dylan Schwulst:
is one pips and the other points?

They are the same. Just make sure to apply the EA to exact same symbol.

Yashar Seyyedin #:

They are the same. Just make sure to apply the EA to exact same symbol.

Kindly elaborate on applying the EA to the exact same symbol

Shane Dylan Schwulst #:

Kindly elaborate on applying the EA to the exact same symbol

For example in a broker you may have EURUSD(with five decimal digits) and EURUSD.I(with four decimal digits) at the same time.

In the four digit version one point is equal to one pip, but in five digit version one pip is equal to ten points.

Yashar Seyyedin #:

For example in a broker you may have EURUSD(with five decimal digits) and EURUSD.I(with four decimal digits) at the same time.

In the four digit version one point is equal to one pip, but in five digit version one pip is equal to ten points.

Yashar Seyyedin #:

If I look at Gold, 3250 points would be 325 pips in the EA settings right? If you take a look at the attached images in this post you'll see what I mean

Shane Dylan Schwulst #:
3250 points

Considering you have a double type chosen (3250.0) it is possible that it is pips value, but one cannot say for sure what the code is about unless they have access to the source code. However you can simply verify your guess by running it in backtest mode or on a live demo account.