How to clear commit history in MQL storage?

I make a lot of commits due to power outages. But I don't need the change history. I only need up-to-date versions of my files. I'd rather clear the commit history and free up storage memory.

This helps a lot by the way. When the power goes out, I can immediately continue working from my laptop by downloading files from storage.

A little off-topic:

Does anyone have experience placing a portable treminal directory on an external SSD? Are there any problems with access rights in this case?

Although, it may not turn out very cool if the electricity goes out while saving data even to an external SSD. Therefore, an external SSD cannot completely replace storage

Vladislav Boyko:
I'd rather clear the commit history and free up storage memory.

I suspect that it is possible to delete the repository using an external SVN client and add the files again. But I haven't tried to do this.

Vladislav Boyko:
I make a lot of commits due to power outages. But I don't need the change history. I only need up-to-date versions of my files. I'd rather clear the commit history and free up storage memory.

Why do you care about that ?

There is no need to "free up storage memory", is it ?

Alain Verleyen #:
There is no need to "free up storage memory", is it ?

I don't know if there is a need for this. I make a lot of commits and one day I thought that each commit takes up memory on some server. This is how I got the idea to clear the commit history. On the other hand, it shouldn't take up a lot of memory, so there's probably no need to clear the commit history.

Perhaps I have a professional personality deformation😄 Optimization for optimization's sake😄

Vladislav Boyko #:

I don't know if there is a need for this. I make a lot of commits and one day I thought that each commit takes up memory on some server. This is how I got the idea to clear the commit history. On the other hand, it shouldn't take up a lot of memory, so there's probably no need to clear the commit history.

Perhaps I have a professional personality deformation😄 Optimization for optimization's sake😄

https://softwareengineering.stackexchange.com/questions/80084/is-premature-optimization-really-the-root-of-all-evil

Is premature optimization really the root of all evil?
Is premature optimization really the root of all evil?
  • softwareengineering.stackexchange.com
A colleague of mine today committed a class called , which basically moved instances of Java Format classes into a thread local, since they are not thread safe and "relatively expensive" to create. I wrote a quick test and calculated that I could create 200,000 instances a second, asked him was he creating that many, to which he answered...