Request for development - single tests displaying ready-to-use charts

Hi MetaQuotes team,

A request for development hopefully for a next update in the near future.

Currently, when right clicking on an optimization result to run a single test, MT5 displays the trades on the chart with a standard display/template, and not all indicators are on it.

It would be so much time saving if MT5 could display all concerned indicators directly on the chart, with the optimized parameters of the row we've just clicked on.

Using a template doesn't help, as it does remove the trades.

Thanks for the consideration

Thomas110:

Hi MetaQuotes team,

Currently, when right clicking on an optimization result to run a single test, MT5 displays the trades on the chart with a standard display/template, and not all indicators are on it.

It would be so much time saving if MT5 could display all concerned indicators directly on the chart, with the optimized parameters of the row we've just clicked on.

We are not part of "MetaQuotes team" on this forum - we are regular users, like yourself, and do not have the ability to influence the development of MetaTrader platforms.

Oleksandr Medviediev #:
We are not part of "MetaQuotes team" on this forum - we are regular users, like yourself, and do not have the ability to influence the development of MetaTrader platforms.

Yeah but what's the alternative to reach them then?

As you can see the first threads of the General section have been created by MetaQuotes too.

Thomas110 #:

Yeah but what's the alternative to reach them then?

As you can see the first threads of the General section have been created by MetaQuotes too.

Your request "if MT5 could display all concerned indicators directly on the chart, with the optimized parameters of the row we've just clicked on":

-- is not trivial 
 -- would be interesting for everyone

I am sure some day we will see this enhancement. 

In the meantime consider focusing on market-related challenges.

Thomas110:

Hi MetaQuotes team,

Yes the solution is a template. Just name it as your EA. Once open the chart will contain what you add in the template AND your trades.

Alain Verleyen #:

Yes the solution is a template. Just name it as your EA. Once open the chart will contain what you add in the template AND your trades.

Using a template wouldn't match the need I believe, my bad for having mentioned it. Since the parameters of indicators are fixed when saved in a template. And it's impossible/unpractical to have hundreds (if not more) of different templates to cover all the combinations of indicators parameters (which are not necessarily integers either).

Correct me if I'm wrong obviously.

Though good to know that templates do not necessarily remove the trades when switching from a standard view + trades to a template (I'd need to see the exact syntax for the template name, I guess it should be the EA name without .ex5)