MetaQuotes MT4 1420 build (community concern) - page 2

mojtaba.shabani #:
hey man, you think you are genius to show your EA's are working on your terminal?

You can read it -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Old version of advisors

MetaQuotes , 2024.06.13 20:06

No regular advisors were affected in the new builds. And they do not need to be recompiled, since compatibility is not broken.

Only hacked products from the Market stopped working. “I downloaded it from the Internet and stopped working” - this is exactly what was hacked and stolen.

Sergey Golubev #:

You can read it -

hi Sergey,

I wanted to bring to your attention an important issue regarding the compatibility of old EX4 files with the new MT4 builds. As you know, the developers of these files have already moved on to new projects, and it is challenging and impossible to get an update into the new builds. Specifically, we are referring to the files from 2016 to 2023, which are no longer supported by their original developers.

Given the significant gap between the old and new builds, we believe it is reasonable to request a one-year gap before restricting the use of these files. This would allow users who have purchased these strategies to continue using them without any disruptions. In the future, we would appreciate it if you could implement a similar policy for your MT4 builds, where files with a one-year gap are restricted from being used with new builds.

This approach would ensure that users have sufficient time to adapt to new builds and avoid any potential losses due to incompatibility issues. We hope you understand our perspective and will consider our request.

Best regards,

Gab

Gabriel Ibarreta #:

hi Sergey,

I wanted to bring to your attention an important issue regarding the compatibility of old EX4 files with the new MT4 builds. As you know, the developers of these files have already moved on to new projects, and it is challenging and impossible to get an update into the new builds. Specifically, we are referring to the files from 2016 to 2023, which are no longer supported by their original developers.

Given the significant gap between the old and new builds, we believe it is reasonable to request a one-year gap before restricting the use of these files. This would allow users who have purchased these strategies to continue using them without any disruptions. In the future, we would appreciate it if you could implement a similar policy for your MT4 builds, where files with a one-year gap are restricted from being used with new builds.

This approach would ensure that users have sufficient time to adapt to new builds and avoid any potential losses due to incompatibility issues. We hope you understand our perspective and will consider our request.

Best regards,

Gab

So you want a years notice to stop using hacked products. Wow. 😮. 
Because that is all that has been stopped.

Paul Anscombe #:
So you want a years notice to stop using hacked products. Wow. 😮. 
Because that is all that has been stopped.
I understand your point, but I must clarify that the request for a one-year gap is not specifically related to hacked products. It is about giving users sufficient time to adapt to new builds and avoid potential losses due to incompatibility issues with their legitimate purchased strategies.The restriction on using pirated or cracked EAs and indicators with the current versions of MT4 is a separate issue. This is a security measure to prevent the use of outdated and potentially harmful tools that can cause significant losses for traders. The goal is to ensure that users have access to legitimate and up-to-date tools for their trading success.I hope you can understand the distinction and consider the broader implications of this policy.

FOLLOW UP

The main concern of the forum is indeed the compatibility of old EX4 files with new MT4 builds, specifically requesting a one-year gap before restricting their use. The security measures mentioned earlier were a separate topic, addressing the broader issue of cybersecurity and protecting against hacking threats.To clarify, the request for a one-year gap is not directly related to the security measures discussed. It is about giving users sufficient time to adapt to new builds and avoid potential losses due to incompatibility issues with their legitimate purchased strategies.

Gabriel Ibarreta #:

The main concern of the forum is indeed the compatibility of old EX4 files with new MT4 builds, specifically requesting a one-year gap before restricting their use. The security measures mentioned earlier were a separate topic, addressing the broader issue of cybersecurity and protecting against hacking threats.To clarify, the request for a one-year gap is not directly related to the security measures discussed. It is about giving users sufficient time to adapt to new builds and avoid potential losses due to incompatibility issues with their legitimate purchased strategies.

As metaquotes are only doing essential/security  updates to mt4 your request is irrelevant   There is no development path for mt4

The question would be better put to the people you buy your products from and ask what support they give and for how long

Gabriel Ibarreta #:
The main concern of the forum is indeed the compatibility of old EX4 files with new MT4 builds
Old ex4 files works without recompilation with new build (I tried files from 2006 and it works).
Look at my previous post on this thread.

Dear MQL5 Admins,

I am writing to request that you close the forum titled "MetaQuotes MT4 1420 build (community concern), about the impact of new software update on our trading experience" after a long discussion that has failed to find a solution. This forum was initially opened by me as a user of old Expert Advisors (EAs) and indicators, seeking help and support from the community.
Unfortunately, despite our best efforts, the discussion has become heated and has not led to any meaningful resolution. I believe that closing the forum will prevent further debates that are unlikely to find a solution, allowing us to focus on more productive and constructive discussions. I would like to thank you for your time and consideration. I hope that you will take my request into account and close the forum to maintain a positive and helpful environment for all users.

Thank you.

MetaQuotes MT4 1420 build (community concern) - Metroquotes & Co. CEO, "Deeply concerned" about the impact of new software update on our trading experience
MetaQuotes MT4 1420 build (community concern) - Metroquotes & Co. CEO, "Deeply concerned" about the impact of new software update on our trading experience
  • Gabriel Ibarreta
  • www.mql5.com
While we understand that updates are necessary to improve the platform and ensure compatibility with new protocols, we are deeply concerned about the impact this update has had on our trading experience

I would like to add,

If its not broken, then why break it?

Also,

I would like to say, most indicators & EA's are not created here on MQL5 & are freely shared across the globe from free and many people don't know where these indicators originated.

But, that's not the point is it?

The point is that the community relies on the community for ongoing support, because without each other what would we be doing?

My solution has always been, if its not broken, don't break it.

This is that classical example of rationalizing a means to an ending and a new beginning.

Thank you,

LouisB.Laxin