MetaQuotes MT4 1420 build (community concern)

Dear Metaquotes Team,I am writing to express the concerns of the MetaTrader 4 (MT4) community regarding the recent update from build 1415 to build 1420. While we understand that updates are necessary to improve the platform and ensure compatibility with new protocols, we are deeply concerned about the impact this update has had on our trading experience.Many of us have been forced to update to the new build, which has resulted in the loss of functionality for our old Expert Advisors (EAs) and indicators. These tools have been proven to be efficient and effective in our trading strategies, and their loss has significantly affected our ability to trade effectively.We understand that the new protocols may have been implemented to improve the platform's security and performance, but we believe that there should be a way to allow us to continue using our old EAs and indicators. These tools have been tested and refined over time, and their removal has caused significant disruption to our trading activities.We are not asking for the old protocols to be reinstated, but rather for a solution that would allow us to continue using our old EAs and indicators while still benefiting from the improvements brought about by the new protocols. We believe that this is a reasonable request, given the significant impact that the update has had on our trading experience.We would like to bring to your attention the various concerns expressed by the community in open forums. Many traders have reported issues with their old EAs and indicators not working properly, and some have even reported losses due to the disruption caused by the update. We believe that it is essential for your team and developers to address these concerns and find a solution that would allow us to continue using our old tools.We would like to emphasize that many of the old EAs and indicators are still proven to be efficient and effective in today's market. They have been tested and refined over time, and their removal has caused significant disruption to our trading activities. We believe that it is essential for your team to consider the impact that the update has had on our trading experience and to find a solution that would allow us to continue using our old tools.We hope that in the next build, you will consider allowing us to use our old EAs and indicators again. We believe that this would be a significant step towards restoring the trust and confidence of the MetaTrader 4 community.Thank you for taking the time to consider our concerns. We look forward to hearing from your team and developers regarding this matter.

Gabriel Ibarreta:
which has resulted in the loss of functionality for our old Expert Advisors (EAs) and indicators

There is no any problem for old EAs and old indicators (which worked in build 1415 and working in build 1420 for example).

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1420

Eleni Anna Branou, 2024.06.10 22:29

All recently updated and compiled EAs, all legitimate EAs and all MQL5.com Market purchases work fine.

MT4 cannot load EA.ex4

Paul Anscombe, 2024.05.30 12:56

that is because it is an illegal copy and so will not work after the recent MT4 update...

All things you wrote are correct, but there are some things you have not considered.

All disruptions can be easily solved recompiling the program. If you can't recompile your program and you don't have the source code of your program can be for several reasons, most of them rely to the fact that you probably should not use that program.

If the project is yours, recompile. If it's bought, ask for an update to the developer. If the case do not enter in these 2 scenarios, it's very likely a stolen program, and thanks to Metaquotes people cannot use them anymore :)

Old EAs/indicators (ex4 files which were compiled many years ago with old builds) - work with this new build.

Example.

I have many EAs which were compiled in MetaEditor long time ago with old builds of MT4.
Those EAs were downloaded from former tsd forum. The threads/EAs of former tsd forum were merged with this mql5 forum so we can find those EAs by source codes here using search.

But I did not recompile them ... just attaching to the chart old ex4 files (which was received/compiled about 10 years ago).

----------------

This is my MT4 build -

----------------

1. TickScalper EA - no problem at all

----------------

2. Mandarine EA - it was compiled in MetaEditor more than 10 years ago, and I did not recompiled and did not use it. It works with not a problem:

----------------

3. Cyberia Trader EA. It is very old EA which was coded in 2006, and I compiled it with very old build of MT4/MetaEditor and never re-compiled with new build. It works:

----------------

4. LabTrend EA. It was created about 9 years, it was compiled 9 years ago and never re-compiled with this new build (because I did not use it).
It works:

----------------

I checked most of old EAs which were coded about 10 years ago and more, and which were compiled about 10 years ago. All of them works without any re-compiling with new MT4 build.
SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert EA is required tracert.mql4 file which I could not find ... but I am sure - this SimpleDailyRangeBreakExpert EA works too without recompilation from the source code.

----------------

All those EAs (and more) can be found on this forum (because the threads of former tsd forum were merged with this mql5 forum some years ago).

----------------

Thus, old EAs works with this build 1420.

Fabio Cavalloni #:
All things you wrote are correct, but there are some things you have not considered.

All disruptions can be easily solved recompiling the program. If you can't recompile your program and you don't have the source code of your program can be for several reasons, most of them rely to the fact that you probably should not use that program.

If the project is yours, recompile. If it's bought, ask for an update to the developer. If the case do not enter in these 2 scenarios, it's very likely a stolen program, and thanks to Metaquotes people cannot use them anymore.
Hello, we would like to clarify that we are not using any cracked or pirated indicators or EAs. Our concern is about the efficiency of older indicators and EAs that are more profitable compared to newer builds. By 'older', we mean those that are less likely to have their developers out of service to recompile them for the 1420 build. We are interested in discussing the efficiency of these older tools and whether they can still be used effectively in the current market.

Sergey Golubev #:

There is no any problem for old EAs and old indicators (which worked in build 1415 and working in build 1420 for example).

Hello Sergey Golubev,I'm open this forum to express our frustration and concern about the recent release of the MetaTrader 4 1420 build. Many of us have relied on profitable expert advisors (EAs) and indicators that have worked well for us over the years. However, it seems that this new build has broken much of this "old" and proven profitable code.It feels like we're being reset back to square one, forced to rebuild our strategies from scratch. This is really disheartening, as many of us have invested a lot of time and effort into developing and optimizing these EAs and indicators. To have them rendered ineffective with a single platform update is really frustrating.Moreover, many of the developers behind these now-defunct strategies are no longer active or available to provide support and updates. This leaves us in a tough spot, having to either abandon our proven methods or start from scratch with new, untested code.I'm really hoping the MetaTrader team can provide some guidance on the changes made in the 1420 build and how we can adapt our existing strategies. Transparency and support during this transition period are crucial to maintaining the health and productivity of the trading community.I also hope fellow traders and developers will come together and share their experiences, solutions, and workarounds. By pooling our collective knowledge and resources, we can navigate this challenge and emerge stronger on the other side.Time is of the essence, as each day spent with broken strategies is a day of lost profits and missed opportunities. I urge the MetaTrader team and the community at large to prioritize this issue and work towards a swift resolution.Thanks for your attention to this matter. I look forward to seeing the MetaTrader platform and its users thrive once again.Best regards, Gab

Gabriel Ibarreta #:
Many of us have relied on profitable expert advisors (EAs) and indicators that have worked well for us over the years. However, it seems that this new build has broken much of this "old" and proven profitable code.

This is not a true.
I made a proof (look at my previous post) that old EAs (ex4) are working with not a probem with this new build 1420, and we do not need to re-compile them with new build.

Yes, there are some traders who were buying some EAs from some illegal forums and from telegram channels and more. And believe me - most of the traders here are really happy that those stolen tools will not work for some several traders anymore.

-------------------

I understand the situation that MetaQuotes is not disclosing the algorithm which it is used to ban those illegal EAs/indicators ... of course, it may be better to disclose at least some of the information about which EAs/tools will work with new build and which ones - not.

-------------------

I am reading every single forum posts especially related to this issue (incl the posts which were deleted because of the forum was updated), and believe me - it is mostly related to the hackted tools which some traders were buying from crimitals and bandits.

We (public moderators) deleted a lot of their threads in past (the threads opened by those criminal and bandits) which were telling that "why do you pay for EAs from the Market with 5 activations? You can buy from our telegram channel absolutely same tools and use it as long as you want" ... and everybody knows that those tools are hacked tools ... and some of the traders were buying them anyway and use those stolen tools in MT4 ...

-------------------

Anyway, most of the traders do not have your issue, and I made the proofs that old EAs (which were coded in 2006 for example and compiled 10 years ago) are working as ex4 files with new build 1420 with not a problem at all (and without re-compiling them with new MetaEditor for example).

-------------------

We all are happy that MetaQuotes are finally created this security improvements for all of us:

New MetaTrader 4 Platform build 1420

MetaQuotes, 2024.05.23 08:20

The MetaTrader 4 update will be released on Friday, May 24, 2024. This version provides important security improvements, error fixes, and platform stability enhancements.

The update will be available through the Live Update system.

The only issue may be the following that this security algorithm is not disclosed to the public at least in general concepts ... but majority of the traders do not have this/your issue in anyway with this new build.

I have an EA purchased here from the market with the non-editable ex.4 file and it doesn't work and the developer doesn't respond, what should I do?

thomasterragin #:
I have an EA purchased here from the market with the non-editable ex.4 file and it doesn't work and the developer doesn't respond, what should I do?

Market tools work only if you fill Community tab of Metatrader with your forum login and forum password (and with confirmation of sucessful login with Metatrader journal).

Because if EA is attached to the chart so it works :) ... why? Because this thread is about EAs (not from the Market) which are not attached to the chart ... so your post is off-topic here.

-----------------
As to trading by EA or any other particularities so you should contact with the seller before buying it.
If you bought EA without contact with the seller (and if the seller if fully unknown to you) so the refund is possible in case you did not activate this tool.
read this summary post about HowTo:  

----------------

And general advice:

• If you bought the product from your friend or from your relative or from very active user on this forum so you can fix anything related with the seller who is responsible about what he is selling (and because you both know each other for the long time, or you know the seller on this forum that he is posting on the forum in almost every day basis).
  • But if you bought something from "anyone" just because of have a lot of money so - sorry: it is your risk, and this risk can not be turned to anyone else.

thomasterragin #:

You do not have any purchases from the Market in your account.