MT5 - indicator bug

Have been using a symbol changer indicator worked great until about a week ago and thought it was a corrupted platform. Installed a new version and the problems continued.

The problem is easily replicated.

Download the free indicator from the MQL5.com Market, load it onto your chart.

Click on any button several times and the chart no longer updates and the indicator disappears.

I did as you said and it works smoothly on my 4380 MT5 terminal.

Uninstall and reinstall your MT5 terminal please, login into your MQL5 account in MT5 >> Tools >> Options >> Community and then download the utility from the Market and try again.

Thanks for your reply

I have already done that. I did not trash the old terminal prior to the new installation

Unless there's some sharing of resources from the newly installed terminal to the old one causing similar problems I am not aware of any

Is there a difference between uninstalling or just installing a new Version?

Uunfortunately I cannot post a video - I have attached 7 files

I started with a new chart added the indicator then clicked on several buttons from left to right. In  pic 6 I clicked on AUDJPY but the indicator disappeared - it's still on the chart it's just not visible

At this point I also  added the Moving Average indicator. Nothing appears on the chart but it's there - see pic7

Files:
pic1.png  25 kb
pic2.png  27 kb
pic3.png  23 kb
pic4.png  25 kb
pic5.png  36 kb
pic6.png  31 kb
pic7.png  40 kb

cyber1 #:

Thanks for your reply

I have already done that. I did not trash the old terminal prior to the new installation

Unless there's some sharing of resources from the newly installed terminal to the old one causing similar problems I am not aware of any

Is there a difference between uninstalling or just installing a new Version?

Uunfortunately I cannot post a video - I have attached 7 files

I started with a new chart added the indicator then clicked on several buttons from left to right. In  pic 6 I clicked on AUDJPY but the indicator disappeared - it's still on the chart it's just not visible

At this point I also  added the Moving Average indicator. Nothing appears on the chart but it's there - see pic7

This is not the utility you've talked in your first post, check with the author in case it has any issue with the latest MT5 build.

True - it isn't however it makes no difference which one I try I was only using that one as an example because it's easy to DL

I have also done as you suggested and uninstalled the platform and installed a new one but the results are the same

I have attached the actual file that started it all - been using it for almost 6 months and suddenly about a week ago it starts not functioning properly

Files:

cyber1 #:

True - it isn't however it makes no difference which one I try I was only using that one as an example because it's easy to DL

I have also done as you suggested and uninstalled the platform and installed a new one but the results are the same

I have attached the actual file that started it all - been using it for almost 6 months and suddenly about a week ago it starts not functioning properly

Compile it with the latest MetaEditor and try again.

void OnChartEvent(const int id,
                  const long &lparam,
                  const double &dparam,
                  const string &sparam)
{
   if (id == CHARTEVENT_OBJECT_CLICK)
   {
      if (StringFind(sparam,"_BT_",0) != -1)
      {
         for (int i = 0; i < ArraySize(_symbols); ++i)
         {
            string item = _symbols[i];
            if (StringFind(sparam, item, 0) != -1)
            {
               ChartSetSymbolPeriod(0, item, _Period);
               return;
            }
         }
      }
   }     
}

I have done that.

There's a slight improvement after having uninstalled and then reinstalled. The indicator stays on the chart but some of the buttons don't do anything and stay depressed. There's only supposed to be one button depressed at any one time now there are multiple buttons depressed and stay depressed

I have posted  the OnChartEvent function. I believe the "ChartSetSymbolPeriod()" function to be the culprit I had at one point added a bit of code to try and trap errors or determine whether or not it is cycling through the symbol list.

For some reason on certain symbols when you press the button nothing happens. Chart does not change. 

Have you checked the experts folder in Toolbox to see any errors you may be getting? Under Tools/Options in chart tab, how many candles is in your setting?