Artificial Intelligence: The New Frontier in Coding for Expert Advisors and Indicators

Artificial Intelligence: The New Frontier in Coding for Expert Advisors and Indicators Hello everyone,

In recent years, we have witnessed an incredible evolution in the field of artificial intelligence (AI). One of the areas rapidly benefiting from this innovation is the creation of source code for expert advisors (EA) and indicators in the world of algorithmic trading.

Advantages of AI in Programming

• Automation and Efficiency: AI can automate the writing of code, significantly reducing the time needed to develop complex EAs and indicators. Advanced algorithms can analyze large amounts of historical and current data to generate optimized trading strategies.
  • Continuous Improvement: With machine learning, EAs can be constantly updated and improved based on the most recent data, without the need for constant manual intervention.
  • Reduction of Errors: AI algorithms can reduce human errors in coding, producing more reliable and robust scripts.

Challenges and Considerations

• Complexity of AI: Integrating AI into coding requires advanced knowledge of both algorithmic trading and artificial intelligence. Not all traders or programmers are ready to face this challenge.
  • Initial Cost: Developing or acquiring AI systems for EA creation can involve significant initial costs. However, these costs can be offset by long-term benefits.
  • Reliability and Control: Relying entirely on AI for creating trading strategies can be risky. It is essential to maintain a degree of human control and supervision to avoid catastrophic errors.

The Future of Algorithmic Trading

AI represents an extraordinary opportunity to revolutionize the way we write code for EAs and indicators. However, it is important to approach this technology with caution and awareness, balancing innovation with prudence.

I would be curious to know what you think. Has anyone here experimented with using AI for coding in trading? Share your experiences and opinions!

Best regards,
[Your Name]

Thank you for raising this fascinating topic. The potential is quite compelling.

Good evening. 

As long as it's a simple request, AI can do the trick. 
Following the more complex codes, I threw in the towel. It's not worth much and slows me down.

The only thing I ask him to do is sometimes write simple routines where in the end, there can be few bugs or that can be easily corrected

Hi Gerard, do you use free gpt Version or are you using GPT 4?

Actually, I'm using the paid version and a special Gpt's that seems to be very reliable. consider that today, in a few hours I was able to make and publish a new free indicator.

Aniway, I don't know how he would behave, if I tried to do something more complex. 

There's no way I'm going to pay for this thing. 

As said I waste more time to formulate my request and to correct these errors. 
We might as well do everything without him.

I don't think you can have a complete functional algo. 
Ask him on the other hand to give you the error handling of a function, yes. 

Asking him to check a code, too. 
Asking him for a complete code, no

Gerard Willia G J B M Dinh Sy #:
There's no way I'm going to pay for this thing. 

As said I waste more time to formulate my request and to correct these errors. 
We might as well do everything without him.

I don't think you can have a complete functional algo. 
Ask him on the other hand to give you the error handling of a function, yes. 

Asking him to check a code, too. 
Asking him for a complete code, no
That's what I did... I explained TO GPT4 How I wanted the indicator to work and He provided me with the full code.

Obviusly there was some errors, but i provided him/her/it each error one by one and he fixed the errors on his own.

Consider one thing, i am not able to develop but i had published a free indicator today.

At the moment I am developing the different smoothing for the Moving averages

I suck at math. 

The SMA was simple, the ema intriguing. Doing the code teaches me a lot. 

The last one, the vema, was a challenge to get to code it and have a valid result. 

I come out of it richer and I know that with this richness I will be able to move on to other even bigger challenges. 

But what are you learning with chatgpt? 

What will happen the day you have to do without?

You'll be bitter when you thought you're playing a level of games you should never have reached or deserved. 

I prefer to do without. 

Travel is not just about getting to your destination, it's about making the journey

In the next few days I will put in codebase a code made with the classes because I know that object-oriented programming is a powerful tool but these will be my first steps because you have to make mistakes or bad steps to progress. 

I promise you that it won't be a chatgpt code. 
It wouldn't make sense

Alessandro Riggi #:

Actually, I'm using the paid version and a special Gpt's that seems to be very reliable. consider that today, in a few hours I was able to make and publish a new free indicator.

Aniway, I don't know how he would behave, if I tried to do something more complex. 

It will be rare that it will get something done for you. If it is simple, there's a chance. But there's a reason why most of us developers aren't bothered or patient with talking to it. We spent years doing the hard work to become programmers, it was a lot of hard work and dedication. It's simply a kick in the teeth to think that we should ignore our past and let a computer take over our skills. If we can work on both simple and complex tasks 100x more efficiently than AI, then we will!

The only thing interesting for me is using complex machine learning techniques that modern AI was originally built on, and also using neural networks in the code (I thought that's what this topic was about)

Gerard Willia G J B M Dinh Sy #:
At the moment I am developing the different smoothing for the Moving averages

I suck at math. 

The SMA was simple, the ema intriguing. Doing the code teaches me a lot. 

The last one, the vema, was a challenge to get to code it and have a valid result. 

I come out of it richer and I know that with this richness I will be able to move on to other even bigger challenges. 

But what are you learning with chatgpt? 

What will happen the day you have to do without?

You'll be bitter when you thought you're playing a level of games you should never have reached or deserved. 

I prefer to do without. 

Travel is not just about getting to your destination, it's about making the journey

In the next few days I will put in codebase a code made with the classes because I know that object-oriented programming is a powerful tool but these will be my first steps because you have to make mistakes or bad steps to progress. 

I promise you that it won't be a chatgpt code. 
It wouldn't make sense
Okay. I agree with you that relying on technology is never a good thing. My example is extreme... without knowing how to program, I still developed software. My case is not right; it would be proper for me to actually learn how to program.

On the other hand, however, we cannot ignore the existence of artificial intelligence.

There will come a time when developers who know how to program will compete against each other, and of the two, the one who uses AI assistance will win.

Conor Mcnamara #:
The only thing interesting for me is using complex machine learning techniques that modern AI was originally built on, and also using neural networks in the code (I thought that's what this topic was about)
Yes, Conor, these topics are very interesting. I tried to train a GPT-4 chatbot on an entire book, but the result was a disaster 🤣.

It would be great to learn how to create my own artificial intelligences by training them on what I want. However, I haven't learned how to do that yet.