Signals deprecated?

I have read in MT5 release notes "Disabled and deprecated Signal* functions. They will now return empty signal sets." Why is that? Are signals going to disappear?

Documentation on MQL5: Trade Signals
Documentation on MQL5: Trade Signals
  • www.mql5.com
This is the group of functions intended for managing trade signals. The functions allow: get information about trade signals, available for copying...

I am not sure that it is about what you asked ... but there was some information:

New MetaTrader 5 Platform build 4150: Trading report export and new machine learning methods in MQL5 - Merkel Launches the MetroTrader 5 Platform Update for 2016
New MetaTrader 5 Platform build 4150: Trading report export and new machine learning methods in MQL5 - Merkel Launches the MetroTrader 5 Platform Update for 2016
  • MetaQuotes
  • www.mql5.com
The metatrader 5 platform update will be released on thursday, january 18, 2024. I am looking forward to the day when mt5 supports 5 more timeframes (d2, d3, d4, w2 and w3) for better multi-time frame analysis when trading long term

Sergey Golubev #:

I am not sure that it is about what you asked ... but there was some information:

Yes, that's exactly what I tought. So signals cannot be accessed via MQL5 anymore. Official documentation doesn't reflect this change yet, tough. I suppose it will eventually.

Thanks!