"Popular" EAs

Hello,

I wanted to ask, how are EAs in the market sorted, what properties make them "popular", there is sometimes even EA without any reviews on page 1, so what staistics do contribute towards higher score that will push published products to a better position in the popular tab ?

Thanks.

I think - there are many factors which are affected on the rating (and those factors are not disclised) but from what I found:
Market Product rating calculation now includes description quality

Market Product rating calculation now includes description quality - How to fix your product descriptions in the Market Marketplace
Market Product rating calculation now includes description quality - How to fix your product descriptions in the Market Marketplace
  • MetaQuotes
  • www.mql5.com
We have updated market rules regarding product descriptions more than two months ago. Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies. Flashy, intrusive, and annoying descriptions are not allowed

Well I still somehow do not understand that how can a product with no sales, no reviews and no comments be on page 1 or 2, there is currently a product that has only 6 demo downloads, no reviews, no comments and is on page 1. My product has 14 demo downloads, has description according to the policy (and in all languages available) but is still on the last page.

Is it maybe also based on authors profile, e.g. how long is the author registered to the mql5 community and how active he is ? This would be the only parameter that would make sense. 

Lukas Hanusek #:

Is it maybe also based on authors profile, e.g. how long is the author registered to the mql5 community and how active he is ? This would be the only parameter that would make sense. 

It's unlikely that Metaquotes will ever disclose their product rating methodology, as revealing it could make the system susceptible to manipulation.

From my understanding, the demo-to-purchase ratio is taken into account along with the overall revenue generated from these purchases, although this is speculative as I do not have definitive knowledge.

Lukas Hanusek #:

Well I still somehow do not understand that how can a product with no sales, no reviews and no comments be on page 1 or 2, there is currently a product that has only 6 demo downloads, no reviews, no comments and is on page 1. My product has 14 demo downloads, has description according to the policy (and in all languages available) but is still on the last page.

Good question - this type of questions have almost no perfect answer.

I have a 3 year old YT channel, and although I have publish many quality contents about general economy and finance, some channels those publish rubbish contents come in front of me.

Because it is also not possible to know how YT algorithm works...

It is all a black box for us...

Evren Caglar #:

Good question - this type of questions have almost no perfect answer.

I have a 3 year old YT channel, and although I have publish many quality contents about general economy and finance, some channels those publish rubbish contents come in front of me.

Because it is also not possible to know how YT algorithm works...

It is all a black box for us...

Sure but it is such a big difference beeing on first page and on the last, I would not mind if a EA with less demo downloads would be 10-20 positions in front of me but it is weird when the difference is 70+ pages.