How to create dynamic flag for OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES

I want to control the timeframes that an object would be visible on, however the timeframes are not fixed. Normally I would write:

ObjectSetInteger(0, name, OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES, false, OBJ_PERIOD_H1|OBJ_PERIOD_M15);

But now, the system might require the object to become visible in 3 or 4 timeframes, could be combination of H1, M1, M5 and others. so i need to be able to generate the combination flag dynamically to be passed into the ObjectSetInteger().

So far in documentation this is what I found : 

"Note that each flag can be obtained by shifting by 1 to the left by the number of bits equal to the number of the constant in the table. This makes it easier to generate flags dynamically when the algorithm operates in multiple timeframes rather than one particular one."

const int flag = 1 << (i - 1);
        ObjectSetInteger(0, name, OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES, flag);

Found here : https://www.mql5.com/en/book/applications/objects/objects_timeframes

The flag generated here is also for just one timeframe. The example sited is printing different label text of series of timeframes

I need to be able to turn OBJ_PERIOD_H1|OBJ_PERIOD_M15 and other possible combinations into flag.

Thanks in anticipation for all ideas and solution

MQL5 Book: Creating application programs / Graphical objects / Visibility of objects in the context of timeframes
MQL5 Book: Creating application programs / Graphical objects / Visibility of objects in the context of timeframes
  • www.mql5.com
MetaTrader 5 users know about the Display tab in the object properties dialog where you can use the switches to select on which timeframes the...

Please check if that topic helps : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/154574#comment_3795636
Question about OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES - How to check if a horizontal line is visible in the current timeframe
Question about OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES - How to check if a horizontal line is visible in the current timeframe
  • mar
  • www.mql5.com
Hi, i made a small script which should tell me if a horizontal line is visible in the current timeframe. The line i plotted is only visible on h1 but whatever timeframe i choose i always get "true" as a response

Alain Verleyen #:
Please check if that topic helps : https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/154574#comment_3795636

It only checks for visibility, but I finally got it from the documentation example

const int flag = 1 << (7 - 1);
     const int flag2 = 1 << (9 - 1);
     int fin_flag = flag+flag2;
     //flag = flag + 1 << (2 - 1);
     //Print("Flag : ", flag, " ", flag2, " = ", fin_flag, "         ", OBJ_PERIOD_M10|OBJ_PERIOD_M15);
     ObjectSetInteger(0, name, OBJPROP_TIMEFRAMES, fin_flag);

int ListOfTFVis[21] =            {
                                    OBJ_PERIOD_M1, OBJ_PERIOD_M2, OBJ_PERIOD_M3, OBJ_PERIOD_M4, OBJ_PERIOD_M5, OBJ_PERIOD_M6, OBJ_PERIOD_M10, 
                                    OBJ_PERIOD_M12, OBJ_PERIOD_M15, OBJ_PERIOD_M20, OBJ_PERIOD_M30, OBJ_PERIOD_H1, OBJ_PERIOD_H2, OBJ_PERIOD_H3,
                                    OBJ_PERIOD_H4, OBJ_PERIOD_H6, OBJ_PERIOD_H8, OBJ_PERIOD_H12, OBJ_PERIOD_D1, OBJ_PERIOD_W1, OBJ_PERIOD_MN1
                                    };

However, the number for each timeframe is counted for 1, normal Array numbering would start from 0, but I guess 0 would be PERIOD_CURRENT in this application

That's why OBJ_PERIOD_M10 is 7 and not 6

Thanks