MT5 Windows system requirements?

Hi,

Trying to find out if I can install MT5 on my computer running Windows 10 Pro, version 22H2 build 19045.4291 with all the latest updates. Currently, after downloading mt5setup.exe from metatrader5.com website, I get error:

"Unsupported operating System! Please upgrade to Windows 10 or later."

Is there any specific Windows component that needs to be installed in order for MT5 to run?

I have another Windows PC with older version of Windows 10 Pro version 2004, OS build 19041.508 which has been running MT5 for 2 years now without issues, I wish I had the older installer so I could try it on the newer copy of Windows. I read several similar topics on this forum but could not find suitable solution. Obviously I don't want to wipe out the OS and start from scratch because I have lots of other software running on it.

Any suggestion?

Right-click on the mt5setup.exe  and select "Run as administrator."

Oleksandr Medviediev #:
Right-click on the mt5setup.exe  and select "Run as administrator."

Thank you for suggestion. I have tried that of course already - it doesn't make a difference. . I'm running everything on thic PC as administrator anyway.

Look for a broker and get the MT5 from there.

Make sure the the the Windows' Edge browser is up-to-date.

Try to install it in portable mode: https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/start

Platform Start - For Advanced Users - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5 Help
  • www.metatrader5.com
After installation, a group of programs of the trading platform is added to the Start menu, and the program shortcut is created on the desktop. Use...

Carl Schreiber

Look for a broker and get the MT5 from there.

Make sure the the the Windows' Edge browser is up-to-date.

Try to install it in portable mode: https://www.metatrader5.com/en/terminal/help/start_advanced/start

Yes, it's working OK in portable mode - thank you for the idea. I was even able to install it (unpack it) in default location in C:/Program Files/Metatrader 5.

As long as it's working this way, I'm happy to consider this workaround as successful. However, I still would love to know why I was not able to install it in the normal way?

Btw. Edge is updated to the latest version.