MT5 strategy tester, backtest tab, profits and losses by hours chart question.

Hello,

In MT5's strategy tester, backtest tab, profits and losses by hours chart, are those bars in that chart indicate trades that are finished at that hour or started at that hour? 

if anyone knows the link where i can read up on this it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!

I suggest to you to firstly understand the difference between positions, orders and deals.

Once you will understand this it will be clear to you that time for deal IN is opening time of a position, and time for deal OUT are closing time of a position 

Fabio Cavalloni #:
I suggest to you to firstly understand the difference between positions, orders and deals.

Once you will understand this it will be clear to you that time for deal IN is opening time of a position, and time for deal OUT are closing time of a position 

My assumption is in the chart itself you cant tell the in and out of a position.. it only shows profitability of a strategy for each hour. If the data derives from when the strategy opens a position then I can stop the strategy from entering a trade for that hour.. hence my question.

brevo #:

My assumption is in the chart itself you cant tell the in and out of a position.. it only shows profitability of a strategy for each hour. If the data derives from when the strategy opens a position then I can stop the strategy from entering a trade for that hour.. hence my question.

Oh sorry, I misunderstood your doubt/request.

I suppose the chart you are talking about reports the net profit for all deals happened in that hour. So both IN and OUT are considered, It will be not so easy, just watching that chart to understand if filtering out a specific hour will increase or decrease overall profitability...

I think you should use more sophisticated software for analysis of backtests reports.

brevo:

Hello,

In MT5's strategy tester, backtest tab, profits and losses by hours chart, are those bars in that chart indicate trades that are finished at that hour or started at that hour? 

if anyone knows the link where i can read up on this it would be greatly appreciated.

thank you!

It's the position's close time, that is when the profit is actually made.

Reason: