crypto lot size

Hi guys im new to mql5, i was searching without success how to calculate dynamic the crypto lot sizes for different pairs, but cant find any info.

can someone point me the right direction or any docs about this?

Thanks

codzign:

Hi guys im new to mql5, i was searching without success how to calculate dynamic the crypto lot sizes for different pairs, but cant find any info.

can someone point me the right direction or any docs about this?

Thanks

Great question! You can use fixed fractional position size (to limit risk as fixed percentage of acct balance).

For example, you have $10,000 account and you want to risk 2% per trade. The formula:

Lot Size = (Account Balance Risk Percentage) / (Price Stop Loss Distance)

Where:

- Account Balance = $10,000

- Risk Percentage = 0.02 (2%)

- Price = Current market price of the crypto pair

- Stop Loss Distance = The distance in pips from the current price to your stop loss level

SAMPLE:

If the price is $50,000 and SL=500 pips, the calculation would be:

Lot Size = ($10,000 0.02) / ($50,000 0.00005)

Lot Size = $200 / $2.50

Lot Size = 0.08 lots

With current BTCUSD price ~$65,000 and a stop loss distance of 500 pips - fixed lot size would be 0.0615 lots (2% risk per trade).

For a truly dynamic lot size calculation - additionally need to take into account the volatility of the market (lot-size would be much smaller).

Hey there! Welcome to MQL5! Calculating dynamic crypto lot sizes can be tricky, but don't worry, you're not alone in this search. Have you checked out the MQL5 community forums or documentation? They often have some hidden gems that could help you out.

Oleksandr Medviediev #:

Great question! You can use fixed fractional position size (to limit risk as fixed percentage of acct balance).

For example, you have $10,000 account and you want to risk 2% per trade. The formula:

Lot Size = (Account Balance Risk Percentage) / (Price Stop Loss Distance)

Where:

- Account Balance = $10,000

- Risk Percentage = 0.02 (2%)

- Price = Current market price of the crypto pair

- Stop Loss Distance = The distance in pips from the current price to your stop loss level

SAMPLE:

If the price is $50,000 and SL=500 pips, the calculation would be:

Lot Size = ($10,000 0.02) / ($50,000 0.00005)

Lot Size = $200 / $2.50

Lot Size = 0.08 lots

With current BTCUSD price ~$65,000 and a stop loss distance of 500 pips - fixed lot size would be 0.0615 lots (2% risk per trade).

For a truly dynamic lot size calculation - additionally need to take into account the volatility of the market (lot-size would be much smaller).

Thanks for that i will try it.

JuneHeelen #:
Hey there! Welcome to MQL5! Calculating dynamic crypto lot sizes can be tricky, but don't worry, you're not alone in this search. Have you checked out the MQL5 community forums or documentation? They often have some hidden gems that could help you out.
hi before i requested help i did a lot of search but no success, lets see what Oleksandr Medviediev provided will help me

Hello,

I am also wondering how to just have a lotsize calculator function wich can give you lotsize from just the symbol and entry, sl, risk perc.

i work with mql4 it must be possible with ticksize and tickvalue and contractsize etc for the symbol. 
it has to work for crypto, forex, metals, indixes, .. 

Oleksandr Medviediev #:
Lot Size = $200 / $2.50

You should deduct the commission from $200. And you should express $2.5 in the deposit currency if it is not USD.