Trading View indicator to MT5

I am proud of myself with how far I have come with my coding knowledge without any experience and relying only on YouTube and Google for help. I have been trying to convert an indicator from Trading View Pine Script into a MT5 indicator and have learned so much along the way. I have learned how to plot graphs, when to use int, bools, and buffers for example. Creating the complex if statements are a bit of a challenge but I like a good challenge. I have so much further to go evident by the current issue I am having. I have come a long way but have an issue.

Here is my current issue: I am trying to recall the Boolean value from a previous bar. I know Boolean values are either true or false. Doesn't Pine Script treat them both ways, as both true/false and 1/0? I am thinking I should turn my bool variable into a int variable in MT5 and work with the numbers or can you store then recall Boolean true/false values from previous bars in MT5?

You have two solutions:

1/ Create two separate booleans and update them with every iteration.

bool var;
bool prev_var;

2/ You can create a buffer(which has to be double). The buffer keeps the boolean variable for every single bar in the history. Only thing is you set 1=true and 0=false.

buffer[0]==> var
buffer[1]==> prev_var

Yashar Seyyedin #:

You have two solutions:

1/ Create two separate booleans and update them with every iteration.

2/ You can create a buffer(which has to be double). The buffer keeps the boolean variable for every single bar in the history. Only thing is you set 1=true and 0=false.

That makes a lot of sense. I will give it a try. Thanks!

toddy333 #:

That makes a lot of sense. I will give it a try. Thanks!

In Trading View there is a function barssince that counts the amount of bars that the bool was true. Would I create a custom function in MT5 to do this? Would this work? 

condition = *

int countTrueBarscross() 

{

count = 0;

int totalBars = Bars(_Symbol, _Period);

for (int i = 0; i < totalBars; i++) {

if(condition)  {

count++;

} 

}

return count;

}

toddy333 #:

In Trading View there is a function barssince that counts the amount of bars that the bool was true. Would I create a custom function in MT5 to do this? Would this work? 

int pine_barssince(double &conditionBuffer[], int index) 
{
         for (int i = index; i < Bars; i++) 
	{

if(conditionBuffer[i]==1)
		return (i-index);

}
    return -1;
}
This is not that simple... I prefer to keep the condition as a buffer(0=false, 1=true). Also you need to pass the index history because in the first call you need to calculate the historical values of indicator.