Possible bug in TimeTradeServer - page 3

amrali #:

I suggest that TimeTradeServer() should be fixed to return 0 instead of TimeGMT, if the connection to the trade server is not yet established.

This will warn users that something wrong happened. Also setting the _LastError variable would be a good idea.

I think this is a good proposal.

amrali #:

The main point here is not how to fix TimeTradeServer or time calibrations, but about the unexpected behavior (not stated in the docs) when the indicator/expert advisor is not connected to the trade server.

Agree 100%, but also it's good to discuss the details of its practical implications in current form & ways of handling. I always just assume nothing will be changed unless it has to be, and in the interim, solutions/understanding will be required. Even if this never gets fixed, we can still work around it. I'm used to having half my posts deleted unjustifiably, ignored, or wrongly (technically incorrect) replied to anyway, so I'm used to working around just about everything.

amrali #:

I suggest that TimeTradeServer() should be fixed to return 0 instead of TimeGMT, if the connection to the trade server is not yet established.

This will warn users that something wrong happened. Also setting the _LastError variable would be a good idea.

Agreed 100%