MT4 Strategy tester doesn´t load any TF beyond M1 (or M5) but I want to test M30 and higher

Hello,

The last weeks I have been struggling to get my strategy tester to run simulations in the way I want it to happen.

Basically, I want to test an EA from the TFs M30 up to H4 but when strategy tester is loading the data it only takes the M1 and sometimes the M5 to do the simulations.

Did anyone ever had this issue before and knows how to solve it?

I have tried:

- new installation of MT4

- erasing all history data

- downloaded 99% history data via tickstory

- I have tried to use a TF converter (because I had seen unmatched error warning; not today though)

- I ran tickstory and MT4 as administrator

- The modeling quality is 88-90% wíth the M1 data but the strategy doesn´t work good on M1

Staggi10: - erasing all history data

You erased all data and caused your own problem. You must download all timeframes you intend to use. The tester uses all timeframes below the current one to create ticks.

On MT4: if you don't have any history, here's how you can get all available from your broker.

1. Most brokers only have 32 or 65K bars of history per timeframe. That's 45 days of M1, 2.5 years on M15, etc.

2. Quickly DL all available history from your broker: Problem loading historical data - MQL4 programming forum (2010)

3. Is there any way to load programmatically entire history (of a Symbol and a Period) from server? - MQL4 programming forum #8 (2020) MT5 - Multi-Currency Indicator in Tester - Technical Indicators - MQL5 programming forum #3 (2018)

Otherwise, you will have to download history from elsewhere. MT4 history: How to Start with Metatrader 5 - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 94 #932 (2017)

William Roeder #:

You erased all data and caused your own problem. You must download all timeframes you intend to use. The tester uses all timeframes below the current one to create ticks.

On MT4: if you don't have any history, here's how you can get all available from your broker.

1. Most brokers only have 32 or 65K bars of history per timeframe. That's 45 days of M1, 2.5 years on M15, etc.

2. Quickly DL all available history from your broker: Problem loading historical data - MQL4 programming forum (2010)

3. Is there any way to load programmatically entire history (of a Symbol and a Period) from server? - MQL4 programming forum #8 (2020) MT5 - Multi-Currency Indicator in Tester - Technical Indicators - MQL5 programming forum #3 (2018)

Otherwise, you will have to download history from elsewhere. MT4 history: How to Start with Metatrader 5 - General - MQL5 programming forum - Page 94 #932 (2017)

Thank you very much!