AI 2023. Meet ChatGPT. - page 36

MrBrooklin #:

Greetings, Peter! Question: what would happen to artificial intelligence if humanity completely disappeared.

With respect, Vladimir.

Greetings, Vladimir!

AI's answer:

If humanity were to disappear, the fate of artificial intelligence would depend on its specific implementation and the infrastructure on which it was built. If AI systems were designed to be self-sufficient and have access to unlimited power, they could potentially continue to function indefinitely. However, in the absence of human maintenance, most AI systems would eventually fail due to hardware degradation or software bugs.

On the other hand, if AI systems were connected to the Internet or dependent on specific hardware, they would probably cease to function soon after humanity's extinction due to loss of power and network connectivity. Either way, without human interaction and oversight, AI systems will not be able to achieve their intended goals or have any meaningful impact on the world. The legacy of artificial intelligence will ultimately be determined by the design and maintenance choices made by humanity while it still existed.

A situation where you need to compose and solve a system of equations:

On a holiday, friends came to our house and gave me and my wife 2 envelopes with money. One envelope for me and one for my wife. The next day, we went to the bank and handed both envelopes to our banker and told him "Please deposit this money into an account in our joint account". A week later, I needed to buy a fishing rod and going to the bank I asked the banker to return the money I handed over in my envelope when I came with my wife. He gave me back the money in the same envelope. I asked him "how much is left in the account?". He replied, "$1,567." Then, my wife came in and decided to withdraw the amount that was in her envelope. She wanted to buy a branded pot. The banker gave her the amount in the envelope and said: "If you hadn't withdrawn all the money your friends gave you, you'd have enough for a holiday in a Turkish resort." "And how much does this holiday cost?" I asked.

"$2,000," replied the banker. "And how much do we have left in our account now?" asked my wife and I.

"Half of that" replied the banker.

Question for ChatGPT:

1. How much money did my friends give me?

2. How much money have my friends given to my wife?

AI's response:

For the holiday, friends came to our house and gave me and my wife 2 envelopes with money. One envelope for me, one for my wife. The next day, we went to the bank and gave both envelopes to our banker and told him "Please deposit this money into our joint account." A week later, I needed to buy a fishing rod, and when I went to the bank, I asked the banker to return the money that I handed over in my envelope when I came with my wife. He returned the money to me in the same envelope. I asked "how much is left in the account?". He replied, "1,567 dollars." Then, the wife came and decided to take the amount that was in her envelope from the account. She wanted to buy a signature pan. The banker gave her the amount in an envelope and said: "If you had not withdrawn all the money that your friends gave you, you would have had enough to rest in a Turkish resort." "And how much is this holiday?" I asked. "2,000 dollars," answered the banker. "And how much do we have left in the account now?" I and my wife asked. "Half of it," replied the banker. Question to ChatGPT: 1. How much money did my friends give me? 2. How much money did my friends give my wife?

Unfortunately, the information given in the scenario is not enough to determine the exact amount of money that your friends gave you and your wife. The information given only states the balance of the joint account after various transactions, and not the specific amounts from the envelopes that were deposited and later withdrawn.

Peter Konow

please, try to answer

I apologise, but without more information, it's not possible to determine the exact amount of money that your friends gave you and your wife. All we know is that you both received envelopes with money and deposited them into a joint account. The information about the transactions and the remaining balance in the account after the transactions doesn't give enough information to determine the specific amounts from the envelopes.

I'm sorry, but without more information it is impossible to determine the exact amount of money your friends gave you and your wife. All we know is that you both received envelopes with money and deposited them into a joint account. The information about the transactions and the remaining balance in the account after the transactions doesn't give enough information to determine the specific amounts from the envelopes.

I give him a clue:

we had $1,000 before we got the gifts from our friends.

Okay, now that we know that you had $1,000 in your account before you received the gifts from your friends, we can make some assumptions to estimate the amounts your friends gave you and your wife.

Suppose that the total amount of money from the envelopes is X. Then, after depositing the money from the envelopes into the joint account, the balance was X + $1,000. Later, you withdrew the amount of money that was in your envelope and the balance was $1,567.

So, X + 1000 - Y = 1567, where Y is the amount of money that was in your envelope.

After your wife withdrew the amount of money that was in her envelope, the balance was half of the remaining amount, which is (X + 1000 - Y)/2 = $784.5.

So we have two equations: X + 1000 - Y = 1567 (X + 1000 - Y)/2 = 784.5.

We can use these two equations to solve X and Y. X + 1000 - Y = 1567 (X + 1000 - Y)/2 = 784.5

Multiplying both parts of the second equation by 2, we get: X + 1000 - Y = 1567 X + 1000 - Y = 1567 * 2 = 3134

Subtracting the first equation from the second equation, we get: 3134 - (X + 1000 - Y) = 3134 - 1567 1567 = Х

So, X = $1567, which is the total amount of money from the envelopes.

Therefore, Y = 1567 - 1000 = $567 is the amount of money in your envelope.

And the amount in your wife's envelope X - Y = $1,567 - $567 = $1,000.

Note that these estimates are based on the assumption that there were no other transactions in the account other than those described in the scenario, and that the account balance was accurate.

\\=========================

What can I say... nice try... AI.

It's already more fun that way :)))

Реter Konow #:

Yes, I tried it that way. Instead of translating the English answer, it prints a new answer in Russian. Much simpler and shorter.

I translate by Google trnasleit extension in chrome. It translates conversations) and the apish support doesn't want to).

Aliaksandr Hryshyn #:
This is more fun :)))

Guided by some strange logic, the AI still came up with the correct amounts in the envelopes after my clue that initially there was $1000 in the account.

We originally had $1,000 in the account.

Okay, given that you originally had $1,000 in your joint account, and that your wife withdrew the amount that was in her envelope, we can determine that the amount in her envelope was $1,000. That's because the banker said that if she hadn't withdrawn all the money her friends gave her, she would have exactly $2,000, which is the amount needed to buy a trip to a Turkish resort. As for the amount that was in your envelope, it was returned to you by the banker, so we can assume it was not deposited into the joint account (Fun fact!).

Thefinal balance in the joint account was $1,567, which is half the amount needed for the Turkish resort trip. This means that the remaining balance in the joint account was $567. Therefore, if we subtract $567 from the amount in your wife's envelope ($1,000), we get $433 as the amount in your envelope. (Wow!)

He probably needs to be told how to solve it. Like solving by substitution. Apparently the solution method in the first variant is randomised.
When asked to write a short article about the importance of nutrition in allergies, he answered, it is important to eat right, vitamins omega 3, while forgetting the obvious, to exclude allergenic foods.

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:
I translate by Google trnasleit extension in chrome. It translates conversations) and the apish caliper doesn't want to).

Thanks, I'll try it! If it's not for a fee.

Valeriy Yastremskiy #:
He probably needs to be told how to solve it. Like solving by substitution. Apparently the solution method in the first variant is randomised.
When asked to write a short article about the importance of nutrition in allergies, he answered, it is important to eat right, vitamins omega 3, while forgetting the obvious, to exclude allergenic foods.

In several answers, he somehow consistently concludes that there was $1000 in his wife's envelope. That's weird.))))