A computer for testing and optimising the robot (Expert Advisor). - page 4

stelsion #:
where can you ( on which site ) do remote run ?

No computer to buy, because for testing and optimisation you need to have a computer with at least 64 cores.

And only the processor of such a computer costs about $7000. Not counting how much energy it will waste.

Do optimisation on the MT5 tester, selecting the Genetic Optimisation mode using MQL5 Cloud.

But before that, you should run a single test to determine how long 1 pass of the test takes on the local computer.

G1G2G3 #:
here is a person overpaying for memory, even though his memory controller does not support such a frequency. I didn't go further into it. It's better to read the theory than to listen to someone.

Just for easy overclocking and I take, I will not overclock above 6000, and I plan to put it on 6000.

If anything, I was engaged in hardware overclocking on Iskra-1030, I wrote memory tests for Spectrum in Asm.

Petros Shatakhtsyan #:
MQL5 Cloud

how much does it cost ?

JRandomTrader #:

Just for easy acceleration and I take, I will not accelerate above 6000, and at 6000 I plan to put.

If anything, I used to do hardware overclocking on the Iskra-1030 and wrote memory tests for Spectrum in Asm.

6000 will not save you.

I do optimisation on real ticks, where the number of all combinations of parameters reaches up to 20 billion,

Of course Genetics reduces that to just over 10,000. But I choose the time from 6-12 months.

stelsion #:

How much does it cost?

No one can tell you that. You have to run the test for 1 month, record the test time and then do the optimisation. The cost depends on the number of passes.

But optimisation for one month will cost a little.

fxsaber #:

What's wrong with this car? And where does it go after it's replaced?

I can't run tests on history, I use information that comes from the stock exchange in the moment and is not written in history, it is not recorded in ticks.

That's why I have about 30000 robots (12 symbols, several basic algorithms and their variations) running in test mode (simulation of trading) on real charts, each of them writes its own steit and log, plus ~30 robots actually trading. This is in a VM that is given 3 cores and 8GB of memory. One more VM (1 core, 2 GB) trades on FIS, also ~30 live robots. This is enough in a calm market, it slows down in case of sharp movements. Plus, this is my main home computer. There are some more ideas that I want to put on tests, but I have nowhere else to put them. Estimates are that the new one should have three times or more the capacity.

When I have a new one, this machine will probably be left in my home network for auxiliary needs, work with problematic discs, and in the future - and to replace the home server/router, there is still Core2 Duo and 1.5 GB of memory, but 4 TB of space on RAID1, mail and web (NextCloud and mail) servers, two channels to the Internet with PBR and auto-switching.

JRandomTrader #:

Just for easy acceleration and I take, I will not accelerate above 6000, and at 6000 I plan to put.

If anything, I used to do hardware overclocking on the Iskra-1030 and wrote memory tests for Spectrum in Asm.

How to change the maximum frequency of the controller? As far as I know it can't be done. Only the voltage can be changed.

Petros Shatakhtsyan #:

6,000 won't save you.

I do optimisation on real ticks, where the number of all combinations of parameters reaches up to 20 billion,

Of course Genetics reduces that to just over 10,000. But I choose the time from 6-12 months.

I don't have the task to run large optimisations, only the initial evaluation of the algorithm for fundamental suitability.

JRandomTrader #:

This is in a VM that is given 3 cores and 8 GB of memory. Another VM (1 core, 2 GB) trades on the IIS, also ~30 combatants.

You're trading on a home machine too?! All this (similar calculations) could be hung on a cheap (still need to get one for algo trading) remote. Thanks for the reply.

G1G2G3 #:
How do I change the maximum frequency of the controller? As far as I know, you can't do that. Only the voltage can be changed.

How do you race it here? https://3dnews.ru/1090871/kak-ddr5-8000-uvelichivaet-proizvoditelnost-core-i913900k/page-1.html

According to reviews, Asus PRIME Z790-P can be overclocked up to 6000.