EA too good to be true

I have tried to create my own EA and it is currently working (although not profitable yet in demo account) so i know that trades are opening and closing but I'm struggling with the trailing stop loss and back testing.

The trailing stop loss seems to come in but its not coming in at a point where a trade will be profitable and i think that staring at the code is not helping and the more i fiddle with it the more it seems to be the same.

Secondly on back testing in MT4 it is too good to be true being that on XAUUSD from June 23 starting with £1000 until now it shows that Total Net Profit can vary from £15 - £20 Million depending on settings on 15m or on 30m its £35 Million. Doing the same on GBPUSD / EURUSD varies from £6 - 7 Million. How can I test and improve it in the demo account to reflect what can happen long term? Can anyone help? If it can get this kind of profit then i would be willing to share 5-10% of net profits - potentially a healthy sum.

MT4 strategy testing is less reliable than MT5.

Also you may check this link to make sure you have a reliable MT5 backtest.

There are a lot more topics out there to read. Just do a shallow search in forum.

Systems that perform well in backtest - Discussion about Systems that Work in Backtest but Fail in Real Account: Why
Systems that perform well in backtest - Discussion about Systems that Work in Backtest but Fail in Real Account: Why
  • Enrique Enguix
  • www.mql5.com
Discussion about systems that work in backtest but fail in real account : why. Hello everyone, i wanted to start a discussion about systems that seem to work wonderfully in backtests but do not perform the same in a real account