What are my options ? - page 2

Concretely about the future to avoid such risks
One of risk-management approaches is =divide and rule=
I mean split specification into two parts
No one except IPR owner will know main part <secret treasure of family>
Instead of it freelance developer will work with some primitive strategy or formula
And this work also divided into parts
And payments for each subsequent part are made only when the previous ones are fine in all aspects <code quality and so on>

I thank you all for taking the time to read my rant and leave comments ... going to have to be yet another life experience

1. Should the ability to optimise be part and parcel of the EA code OR do I need to specify the need in the specification ?

Robert Jenkins #:

Have done that so I can decline his offer to cancel

Apart from the optimisation he has done everything else I asked of him and he would have been getting a five star review, in fact I am sorry to see our relationship go sour over such a trivial issue

Thought at long last I had found myself a proper "Developer" not just a coder  

I never realised that the ability to optimise should be considered an extra ... I had always assumed it was part of the package

Was always my intention to optimise myself ... never once did I expect him to do it

You think if he would just optimise the Expert right it should be profitable. If only the developer can magically make my program profitable.
So it's the developers fault and if it doesn't work his effort is useless and I want my money back.

I don't understand how things went sour...

Robert Jenkins #:

I thank you all for taking the time to read my rant and leave comments ... going to have to be yet another life experience

1. Should the ability to optimise be part and parcel of the EA code OR do I need to specify the need in the specification ?

Yes

The more detailed the specification the better

Redundancy in IT-Security is one of the main things <said to me by extra class IT-Security professional with Doctor degree in computer science>

In risk-management also <it is better to be safe than sorry>

NEVER did I want the developer to optimise ... I just wanted to be able to crunch the numbers myself

It all went sour when I wouldn't pay for an unfinished job with him insisting that it wasn't in the specification

It is absolutely normal that optimizations and other works with parameters are affairs of original IPR owner that is Customer

Developer must provide and guarantee normal work of program in all modes of Strategy Tester including optimization

It is normal to declare this in specification explicitly