Help needed with EA after migration to VPS!

hello, I am really struggling with my EA after migrating to VPS, for context my EA worked perfectly when running from my MT4 client.

I trade from the UK, XAUUSD spread betting so the symbol on my MT4 chart appears like this XAUUSD(£) and my EA runs and makes trades exactly when it should from my client.

I migrated to VPS yesterday and it successfully imported the chart and EA but now when it should make trades, my EA logs return this error from the VPS:

'EA Studio XAUUSD M30 V3 XAUUSD(£),M30: unknown symbol name XAUUSD(?) for OrderSend function'

I cannot figure what the problem is here as there were no problems when running it from the client?

Can anybody help!

IH097:

hello, I am really struggling with my EA after migrating to VPS, for context my EA worked perfectly when running from my MT4 client.

I trade from the UK, XAUUSD spread betting so the symbol on my MT4 chart appears like this XAUUSD(£) and my EA runs and makes trades exactly when it should from my client.

I migrated to VPS yesterday and it successfully imported the chart and EA but now when it should make trades, my EA logs return this error from the VPS:

'EA Studio XAUUSD M30 V3 XAUUSD(£),M30: unknown symbol name XAUUSD(?) for OrderSend function'

I cannot figure what the problem is here as there were no problems when running it from the client?

Can anybody help!

Update:

Not sure if I've fixed it yet, but instead of Symbol(), I've replaced It with the string "xauusd(£)", I read somewhere that Symbol() only works with standard chart symbols so it needs to be hardcoded for uncommon symbol variants, I will update once a trade attempt happens.