Buy Ticks versus Sell Ticks

I was wondering if anyone knows, whether its possible, to write a script/EA that will count the number of buy & sell ticks coming into the MT4 platform, and show the results in numbers, or a percentage.

I think this would be a very valuable tool, for establishing when to get in & out of a trade. If one were to assume, that a doji candle, shold have almost the exact same number of buy ticks as sell ticks, because it opened and closed at the same price.

So, if we look back in history, and establish how many more buy ticks than sell ticks, it takes to move the markets up, and vice versa for a sell senario. So for example, lets say it takes a 70% of buy ticks(30% sell ticks)) to move the markets up, then we could implement that into an EA for our trigger.

George

It is not only possible, but easy.

Zap: Would you be able to do that as an indicator ?? And can you give me your email address please, so we can correspond, about this projest .

I would be very interested in finding out how this can be accomplished, and how much it would cost.

George

As an indicator, you would need tick data, since the minimum timeframe stored is 1 minute, so you don't know the previous ticks.

It is easy to write a program though, that stores uptick, downticks, there is even a program on www.mq4.com, which stores the price every tick in a file.

So you have to know accurately what you really want the program to do.

Zap: I actually bought yrs of tick data for the GBP/USD pair, which is the only pair I am interested in anyway.

The previous tick data is only for testing, once the testing is finnished, then we can set the parameters, right.
Do you have Skype or Yahoo, so we can talk online ??

George

Write me to forexzap<at>gmail<dot>com